Sprinting

• This topic has 3 voices and 5 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

In the CBL book it talks about sprinting done in particular faction 2min sprinting 4min rest for about 30min. Well lets say when I start off sprinting i'm at 100% by 20sec 90% and 30sec 75%.  I can't sprint for 2min, don't see how any human can really sprint 2min. Just looking for advice on what Kiefer really means by 2min sprints is this just basically running for 2min then resting??? 

Damon Amato
    Participant

By sprinting I think you can take that as “running as fast as you can before your hands start shaking.”  Obviously you can't really run the same speed for a 40yd dash and keep that pace for 2 min.

amedio

Shockwave Protocol 1.4 It is a free download. Download it. Read it. Apply it.  😀I do thirty second sprints every minute and a half for thrity minutes followed by a five minute cool down.

sckiely
    Participant

Shockwave Protocol 1.4 It is a free download. Download it. Read it. Apply it.  😀I do thirty second sprints every minute and a half for thrity minutes followed by a five minute cool down.

man, you must be really fit? When i help people with running, particularly sprinting most people are hard pressed doing 5 rounds of 20sec (Max) before their speed slows. For sprinting, i'm talking running here, i find it best to only sprint for the amount of rounds that you can maintain the same speed.once your speed starts to slow, your form starts to break down and your body finds bad movement patterns to compensate. It is just like weight training. Failure should occur when your form fails to be perfect, not when you physically can't lift the weight.Once speed/ form starts to break down this is when you are likely to hurt yourself! I like this format when training running:- If i use a 400m track i set a mark for the client based on a test run that focuses on the distance they travel before they slow down. This is completely dependant on the client, some go only 20m while some go nearly130m. THIS is the sprint distance the rest of the way round the track is a walk till they come back to the start then they sprint again.When the time to complete the sprint slow by more than 2 secs the session is over, move on to something else!NOTE:- i do not train people how to run, i actually don't recommend it very often, but lots of people like running, so i meet my clients needs by being effective both time and fitness wise.

amedio

sckiely, I am not sure what you mean.I used to get on the treadmill and set it around 6.5-7.0 and stay on there for about 30 minutes with a five mintues cool down. Only recently have I started what I stated above. Shockwave recommends a spin cycle with 30 seconds every four and a half minutes.

sckiely
    Participant

I got the start of my post wrong sorry! edited now. How i interpretted what you did was 30 mins of intervals, Sprinting for 30sec then slow for a minute before repeating?Use of the treadmill for sprinting is a terible idea! I like the Spin bike and Fartlek in general works very well. So i agree completely with Kiefers suggestions here.The reason treadmills are so terrible for running is the fact they move your foot for you. This instantly teaches bad mechanics. No one should ever use the treadmill for running training!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sprinting

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?