Starting cardio, need advice

• This topic has 2 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

cloudybrain
    Participant

Okay I've been on the CNS since october of 2012. I started at 240 lbs, now I'm at 270. Same waist-line, but all my shirts are getting tighter. My pants, I have to wear loose-fit cause my thighs have gotten enormous. I've been getting stretch marks everywhere cause I've been getting muscle way too fast.However, my body fat percentage has not decreased. I've been weight training ridiculously hard for an hour to an hour and a half for 4 days a week. But I was thinking that cardio wasn't needed, and that my weight training would have handled it. Not the case. I didn't even think CNS would be so good for muscle growth, I thought that was all about CBL. I eat a shit load of protein, massive veggies, coconut oil or animal fats.So I want to include HIIT into my schedule during my off days; but I was curious if that's the best thing. So if I want to lose weight quickly, can I still do HIIT every day? Or should I do 2 days of HIIT, but everyday walking and slow paced cardio? I want to do this is quick as I am gaining muscle, so I don't have to keep buying a whole new wardrobe every few months.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

There is something wrong with your diet.  There is no way you put on 30 lbs of muscle in 6 months while on a low carb diet unless you are on steroids.  This is true even if you never touched a weight before starting.  Most likely a lot of that was fat and water gain.I recommend fixing your diet first, but if you want to do HIIT, two sessions the day after your Carb Nite and the day after that would be fine.  Your glycogen stores will be torched after that, so anymore HIIT than that will be pointless.  Just walk if you want to do more.

cloudybrain
    Participant

Blah I didn't want to blurt it out, but I know I got fat in there. That's why I want to stick cardio in there.I basically did the diet to primarily gain muscle, that was my biggest goal. I did slip a few times on the diet too, especially when I get food that I thought had no carbs in there, but realizing that there was flour, or sugar in tomato paste. It kind of pisses me off too since I'd be at work, and I forget to pack lunch and I'd just starve and cave into the sugar crave. But anyways, that's not the point, I fixed most of that stuff already.I'll start doing HIIT after Carb Nite; that'd fit right in my schedule. For walking, how long would it be? Like today I did strength training, and then I walked for 15 mins afterwards. Is that okay? Or should I pick a day and do an hour of it?

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Blah I didn't want to blurt it out, but I know I got fat in there. That's why I want to stick cardio in there.I basically did the diet to primarily gain muscle, that was my biggest goal. I did slip a few times on the diet too, especially when I get food that I thought had no carbs in there, but realizing that there was flour, or sugar in tomato paste. It kind of pisses me off too since I'd be at work, and I forget to pack lunch and I'd just starve and cave into the sugar crave. But anyways, that's not the point, I fixed most of that stuff already.I'll start doing HIIT after Carb Nite; that'd fit right in my schedule. For walking, how long would it be? Like today I did strength training, and then I walked for 15 mins afterwards. Is that okay? Or should I pick a day and do an hour of it?

You can walk as much as you'd like.  I would recommend at least 1.5 hours per week. 

cloudybrain
    Participant

Okay I put 2 hours of walking, 2 HIIT workouts after my carb nite both at 35 mins, my weight is going down.. now at 268.. thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Starting cardio, need advice

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?