Stephanie Person youtube channel on Keto diet

• This topic has 7 voices and 29 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Brian Timlin
    Participant

Have any of you guys seen this chicks youtube videos.  She's very interesting and smokin hot.  She's like 46 but ripped to shreds: https://www.youtube.com/watchv=NmEoSAUvpX0&index=202&list=UUmMJ2ioWma0SpD9N21OiuXAShe's all out on the keto diet.  She doesn't believe in carb refeeds or backloading.  She thinks it just takes longer than 10 days to become truely ketogenic (she says 3 months).Anyway, I'd just like to hear what people think about her ideas.  I find it very interesting and something to consider when you hear her points and not to mention see how healthy and in shape she is (or appears for all the world to be anyway).

Jenelle Brewer
    Participant

CN and CBL are not designed to be ketogenic diets.  Just to control insulin.I just finished Jimmy Moore's book, Keto Clarity, and Stephanie Person was quoted a lot in that book.  I also listened to a podcast of Jimmy's where she was the guest.  But I have not looked at her youtube videos.Jimmy's book made it sound like it actually takes quite a bit of detective work to figure out how to get yourself into ketosis -- and then even more to figure out what it takes for you to stay there.  It is highly individual.He does NOT advocate using urine strips -- for various reasons -- and the blood monitoring for ketones that he says is required is one of the big things that has really held me back from giving this a shot.

Richard Schmitt

CN and CBL are not designed to be ketogenic diets.  Just to control insulin.I just finished Jimmy Moore's book, Keto Clarity, and Stephanie Person was quoted a lot in that book.  I also listened to a podcast of Jimmy's where she was the guest.  But I have not looked at her youtube videos.Jimmy's book made it sound like it actually takes quite a bit of detective work to figure out how to get yourself into ketosis -- and then even more to figure out what it takes for you to stay there.  It is highly individual.He does NOT advocate using urine strips -- for various reasons -- and the blood monitoring for ketones that he says is required is one of the big things that has really held me back from giving this a shot.

+1. Yep, he has mentioned insulin controlling in a few podcasts and the context behind using Ketogenic diets.

Jenelle Brewer
    Participant

Have any of you guys seen this chicks youtube videos.  She's very interesting and smokin hot.  She's like 46 but ripped to shreds: https://www.youtube.com/watchv=NmEoSAUvpX0&index=202&list=UUmMJ2ioWma0SpD9N21OiuXA

Your link isn't working for me, so I just went to youtube and searched.  I decided to watch the one called "Top ten questions and answers on how to keto adapt!"Please tell me... are there any where she isn't just being annoying as shit?  I am paused at the 7:40 mark of a 14-minute video, and all she has done is talk about herself, make faces at the camera, and flex.  I am not kidding.Have you watched any that you found especially helpful?

TCB
    Participant

Have any of you guys seen this chicks youtube videos.  She's very interesting and smokin hot.  She's like 46 but ripped to shreds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmEoSAUvpX0&index=202&list=UUmMJ2ioWma0SpD9N21OiuXA

Your link isn't working for me, so I just went to youtube and searched.  I decided to watch the one called "Top ten questions and answers on how to keto adapt!"Please tell me... are there any where she isn't just being annoying as shit?  I am paused at the 7:40 mark of a 14-minute video, and all she has done is talk about herself, make faces at the camera, and flex.  I am not kidding.Have you watched any that you found especially helpful?

Can't stand this lady. But, in the quote above, I fixed the link, if you wanted to watch the actual video referenced.. It was just missing a ? from the link.

Jenelle Brewer
    Participant

Can't stand this lady. But, in the quote above, I fixed the link, if you wanted to watch the actual video referenced.. It was just missing a ? from the link.

I wondered if it was just me.  ::)  I finished the video, and I feel like I want those 14 minutes of my life back.  She could be SUPER smart, she could have the BEST info out there -- but she is so annoying, I literally can't stand it.Thanks for fixing the link, though!  😀

Brian Timlin
    Participant

A lot of youtube channels are going for the trying to stand out, be different or entertaining or what ever.I think I just fancied her a lot, so I watched until she started to say something interesting.  :-*She does have some thought provoking things to say and she is pretty darn ripped and in shape.Sorry if I messed that link up, but I really just picked one out that I thought might be more information based.

cloudybrain
    Participant

IMO.. carb nites should be different from person to person. In most cases carb nite does work 1 once per week.. but if you're gaining weight and it's not muscle.. then it's once every 2-3 weeks. Even then.. once every month is okay.. and you can have your carbnite that would last 1-2 days.And then from there.. you can start closing the gap between carb nites.But I prefer the auto regulating approach.. as soon as my body stalls in losing body fat.. then I'll hit a carb nite.I think that's the main gist of a ketogenic diet and what carb nite is supposed to offer

Jenelle Brewer
    Participant

I think that's the main gist of a ketogenic diet

Not according to Jimmy Moore and Stephanie Person.  They both have been in a state of nutritional ketosis for years, and neither of them believe any sort of re-feed is necessary.  I would say the people following ketogenic diets for cancer, epilepsy, and other health conditions see no good reason to knock themselves out of ketosis, either.CN and CBL really are not designed to be ketogenic diets. 

cloudybrain
    Participant

I still think CNS fits within the category of a ketogenic diet..The refeed occurs because it creates a phenomenon that when you do raise your insulin to high levels past a certain threshold and then it begins to rapidly fall, this in effect will oxidize body fat reserves.. thus producing of higher amount of ketones.A diet that provides a high output in ketones is the foundation of what makes up a ketogenic diet work. With or without refeeds.

case terrebonne
    Participant

I think that's the main gist of a ketogenic diet

Not according to Jimmy Moore and Stephanie Person.  They both have been in a state of nutritional ketosis for years, and neither of them believe any sort of re-feed is necessary.  I would say the people following ketogenic diets for cancer, epilepsy, and other health conditions see no good reason to knock themselves out of ketosis, either.CN and CBL really are not designed to be ketogenic diets.

Why do you say that? I have listened to about 99% of kiefer's podcast and he constantly talks about using ketones as energy on the cellular level. You also do not get out of ketosis when refeeding as the processes that are used to burn glucose are not in place while in ketosis. I take those two people's comments with a grain of salt unless they have valid leptin and cortisol levels from blood test, which they may, but until they do, it's broscience.Case in point, one of the recent emails that kiefer sent out was regarding a study on the long term effects of people who have been in a ketogenic state for over 5 years due to controlling a health issue. It might have been epilepsy. The main thing that I got from that study what that the people did not have any major weight loss. So, no weight loss on a ketogenic diet over 5 years? Yet us over here have seen weight loss in that same time frame while we do refeeds. That would lead me to believe that not causing the insulin spike is what is keeping those people in the study from losing weight.Can you expand what you mean or are you talking about them diets not being ketogenic as a matter of semantics?

Richard Schmitt

CNS and CBL can be designed to how you see fit. The point Curious was making is that your goal is to control insulin, not be in ketosis. IF you have some sort of medical condition or overly obese, then being in a keto-type state would fit you best.

Jenelle Brewer
    Participant

Why do you say that?

I have read both CN and CBL books cover-to-cover.  I have also spent a great deal of time researching things on this site, where you will see posted over and over again (from Tex and others) that the GOAL of these diets is not to be in ketosis.  The goal with CN and CBL is to control insulin levels.  And those are two different things -- not one and the same.I have also read Jimmy Moore's Keto Clarity book.  The GOAL of a ketogenic diet, according to his entire book, is to produce ketones.  He talks A LOT about eating the majority of your calories from fat (70-80%), having a moderate amount of protein -- due to the process of gluconeogenesis -- and he talks repeatedly about having to find your own personal level of carb tolerance -- some people can get into ketosis just staying under 50g of carbohydrates -- but many people need far less than that to generate adequate ketones.  He also talks a lot about having to play around with protein and find your own personal sweet spot with that, as well.For CN and CBL, we are told just to keep NET carbs under 30 grams per day on ULC days.  In Keto Clarity, Jimmy (along with various doctors and experts who are quoted throughout the book) say NOT to use "net carbs" but to count actual carbs, period.  The book explains that it can take several weeks or even months to be keto-adapted.  On CN and CBL, most people are going ULC for a max of 10 days in the beginning, and after that initial period, you have people having carbs every night, people having carbs a few nights a week, people having a total carb fest one night per week.  This is completely different than the ketogenic diet I have read about in Jimmy's book, and on various sites explaining the ketogenic diet for cancer, epilepsy, etc.  That is where my comments are coming from.I have also listened to Kiefer's podcasts -- every single one of the Body.io podcasts with Dr. Rocky.  I do hear them mention ketones, sure -- but I have never finished listening to one of those podcasts and thought to myself that the GOAL of CN or CBL is to be in a ketogenic state.  Listening to Jimmy Moore's podcasts, however, it is clearly the goal.Stephanie Person discovered the ketogenic diet while researching what she could do to help her mom with a devastating diagnosis -- I believe it was a brain tumor of some kind.  Since being able to save her mother simply by switching her over to a ketogenic diet, she has also adopted this lifestyle for herself.  She is very active -- "smokin hot & ripped", as stated above  😀 and she literally laughs out loud about "needing" a carb re-feed such as Kiefer recommends here with his programs.  If you are interested in hearing it, she was on a recent podcast with Jimmy Moore.  (Livin' La Vida Low Carb).  I will say she is MUCH less annoying to listen to on that podcast than she is on her youtube videos!

case terrebonne
    Participant

CNS and CBL can be designed to how you see fit. The point Curious was making is that your goal is to control insulin, not be in ketosis. IF you have some sort of medical condition or overly obese, then being in a keto-type state would fit you best.

Maybe for CBL, but the whole point of CNS is to be in ketosis.

case terrebonne
    Participant

Why do you say that?

I have read both CN and CBL books cover-to-cover.  I have also spent a great deal of time researching things on this site, where you will see posted over and over again (from Tex and others) that the GOAL of these diets is not to be in ketosis.  The goal with CN and CBL is to control insulin levels.  And those are two different things -- not one and the same.I have also read Jimmy Moore's Keto Clarity book.  The GOAL of a ketogenic diet, according to his entire book, is to produce ketones.  He talks A LOT about eating the majority of your calories from fat (70-80%), having a moderate amount of protein -- due to the process of gluconeogenesis -- and he talks repeatedly about having to find your own personal level of carb tolerance -- some people can get into ketosis just staying under 50g of carbohydrates -- but many people need far less than that to generate adequate ketones.  He also talks a lot about having to play around with protein and find your own personal sweet spot with that, as well.For CN and CBL, we are told just to keep NET carbs under 30 grams per day on ULC days.  In Keto Clarity, Jimmy (along with various doctors and experts who are quoted throughout the book) say NOT to use "net carbs" but to count actual carbs, period.  The book explains that it can take several weeks or even months to be keto-adapted.  On CN and CBL, most people are going ULC for a max of 10 days in the beginning, and after that initial period, you have people having carbs every night, people having carbs a few nights a week, people having a total carb fest one night per week.  This is completely different than the ketogenic diet I have read about in Jimmy's book, and on various sites explaining the ketogenic diet for cancer, epilepsy, etc.  That is where my comments are coming from.I have also listened to Kiefer's podcasts -- every single one of the Body.io podcasts with Dr. Rocky.  I do hear them mention ketones, sure -- but I have never finished listening to one of those podcasts and thought to myself that the GOAL of CN or CBL is to be in a ketogenic state.  Listening to Jimmy Moore's podcasts, however, it is clearly the goal.Stephanie Person discovered the ketogenic diet while researching what she could do to help her mom with a devastating diagnosis -- I believe it was a brain tumor of some kind.  Since being able to save her mother simply by switching her over to a ketogenic diet, she has also adopted this lifestyle for herself.  She is very active -- "smokin hot & ripped", as stated above  😀 and she literally laughs out loud about "needing" a carb re-feed such as Kiefer recommends here with his programs.  If you are interested in hearing it, she was on a recent podcast with Jimmy Moore.  (Livin' La Vida Low Carb).  I will say she is MUCH less annoying to listen to on that podcast than she is on her youtube videos!

If the whole point is to control insulin levels while on CNS, then why is it perfectly fine to take leucine and the new carb shock while in CNS? I am purposely raising insulin levels without carbs and I am in the process mobilizing fat better. How is the goal not to be in a ketogenic state? How are you going to get ketones to be produced if you are not in ketosis? It sounds like her mother had glioblastoma multiforme. Which using a ketogenic diet to aid the fight was here in this study. http://health.usf.edu/medicine/mpp/profile.html?person_id=24854There was a study out that showed no long term bad effects from being in a keto diet. So, that's great for her she doesn't have to refeed, but how are her gains in the gym. is she getting stronger? I doubt she is, if there are no insulin spikes or test being used.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Stephanie Person youtube channel on Keto diet

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?