Straight Bar curls Vs. EZ Bar Curls

• This topic has 4 voices and 5 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

OhForPetesSake
    Participant

Just started shockwave last night and had a question about the bar curls.  Is there any reason to avoid the EZ Bar?  I find the straight bar to be murder on my wrists.

Gnomer
    Participant

Just started shockwave last night and had a question about the bar curls.  Is there any reason to avoid the EZ Bar?  I find the straight bar to be murder on my wrists.

if straight bar is hard on your wrists use the EZ curl that's what they were designed for...

Big_R
    Participant

if straight bar is hard on your wrists use the EZ curl that's what they were designed for...

+1i think the straight bar is meant to do a wider grip curl anyway... if you notice, the further apart your grip is while holding a straight bar and curling the straighter your arm gets and this ends up feeling a little more natural than having grip 8 inches apart  with substantial pressure on the wrists.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I always preferred the straight bar.

Gnomer
    Participant

i do now.. i used to like EZ curl bar but found i was not using my biceps enough on the straight bar which was putting to much strain on my forarms and wrists.. once i got a better feel for it i do straight bar fine now

Big_R
    Participant

i do now.. i used to like EZ curl bar but found i was not using my biceps enough on the straight bar which was putting to much strain on my forarms and wrists.. once i got a better feel for it i do straight bar fine now

They both have different purposes for me, weather or not i'm working on making my peak higher or just going for density/mass.  I really enjoy doing them with about 4 inch gap apart

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Straight Bar curls Vs. EZ Bar Curls

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?