Supplement mixer advice – Bad taste

• This topic has 3 voices and 5 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

stephenhdmrs

When I first started buying supplements I could never figure out who would want to take a million pills and pay more for it.  Then I quickly realized why pills are soo awesome.  I'm trying to fit creatine/whey supplements into my daily drinks somehow.  I can't drink whey without milk.  The recommended small doses of whey in milk + creatine leave this horrible bitterness/chemical taste to it.  What are you guys doing?  Luckily I got fish oil in pills so i'm good on that.  Coconut oil mixes quite well with my coffee.  I want to get close to the 60 grams of creatine per day. I want to be able to take whey/creatine before meals but I can't stomach it in water and milk has a lot of carbs in it that add up.  Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

robhally

You could try mixing it with unsweetened almond milk/unsweetened coconut milk. I know Silk makes some unsweetened almond milk that only has 1 g of carbs and that is from fiber so it should be allowed during the low carb portion of the day.

stephenhdmrs

That's good, i'll give that a try.Everything I mix always tends to have carbs in it.  Yesterday I did small amount of greek yogurt and peanut butter mixed with creatine.  It was good actually but raised my carbs so I had to cut down on other stuff.

Lasse Elsbak
    Participant

i just eat the creatine with a teaspoon and wash it down with a glass of water. Just be careful not to breathe too much with your mouth when its full of powder 😛

stephenhdmrs

I will have to try that and pray I don't throw up.  I'm amazed i'm the only one with this problem?  Are you guys getting good tasting supplements somewhere?  Please share if so.

Lasse Elsbak
    Participant

I've never tried any creatine that was actually bad tasting – it doesn't taste anything. It's just dry 😛  I'm using monohydrate(I think it's from Germany), but I buy it in Norway so I don't think I can help you there..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supplement mixer advice – Bad taste

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?