Supplements PWO

• This topic has 2 voices and 5 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Cropsy

Hey all,Was wondering what peoples' opinions are regarding keeping all supplements (Whey, Leucine etc) to just post workout and concentrating on a main / wholefood meal pre-workout for convenience regarding spiking insulin? I know Whey / Leucine will spike insulin, right?Thanks.

Newfiedan
    Participant

In my opinion training fasted with just a pre workout shake is best as I can go much harder and stronger in the gym without any carbs in me. I do not eat any carbs till post workout, and post workout its simple carbs I stick to the simple carbs as per the book and stay away from complex carbs as its counter productive to what you are trying to accomplish.

Cropsy

Thanks Newfiedan. I meant a pre-workout meal of ultra low carb, mostly protein and fatty foods, say a chicken breast or two, some bacon and eggs and tomatoes and mushrooms etc?

Newfiedan
    Participant

My last fat/protein meal pre workout happens at about 3pm (my coffee break) and workout is at 5:30 pm on workout days.

Cropsy

Right, so would you say that that meal is sufficient for pre-workout or would you recommend adding, for example, a scoop of Whey and Leucine to the meal or leaving all that post workout to avoid any insulin spike in the pre-WO phase?Thanks.

Newfiedan
    Participant

Yeah the only other thing I take is the preworkout shake of caffeine and 10-15 grams whey isolate that is it for preworkout other than the 3 pm meal.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supplements PWO

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?