Supplements to avoid on CBL?

• This topic has 5 voices and 10 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

CaseyD

I was just wondering if there's anything that would be decrease results of CBL. Specifically, I'm wondering about the CLA extreme I have from NOW foods. I picked this up a while back when recommended to me by a friend and stopped taking it a few months ago. Putting aside any arguments about its effectiveness, I hate to waste anything. Would finishing up this bottle cause any internal reactions that hurt CBL results? I'd also be interested in other supps in general that should be avoided.

ljr

This is not really a “supplement” but I'm interested in the effects of nicotine on insulin resistance/sensitivity.From what I've read, it causes insulin resistance, kind of like caffeine? I also read it causes hyperglycemia, so it would be good to see if nicotine could be "timed" like macro nutrients and supplements.I do understand that smoking is not good for your health, but some clients refuse to quit, so hopefully I can mitigate the damage.

Richard Schmitt

Not sure if this is a supplement to avoid, but I was looking at fat burners, and came across Applied Nutriceuticals Lipotrophin-AM and PM. It looks really interesting, the main ingredient is Mucana and Green Tea

sawinwright

Not sure if this is a supplement to avoid, but I was looking at fat burners, and came across Applied Nutriceuticals Lipotrophin-AM and PM. It looks really interesting, the main ingredient is Mucana and Green Tea

Wait for their new one called Fat Free, much better profile.

Richard Schmitt

I don't think it had any fat within them? There fat burners? O.o

sawinwright

I don't think it had any fat within them? There fat burners? O.o

Haha it was going to be called F** OFF, but they had some problems with the name lol

Naomi Most

Don't take “fat burner” supplements.  In your heart of hearts, you KNOW they're bogus.  The best they will do is make you dehydrated and overstimulated. You're already drinking coffee — you get all the fat-burning stimulants you need right there. acetyl-L-carnitine may improve your nervous system recovery, though.  http://www.bulletproofexec.com/podcast-8-quantifying-recovery-with-restwise/If you want to try CLA, eat more butter and beef from pasture-fed cows.  Don't take it as pills. You need the nutritional cofactors from the food to make use of CLA.

Richard Schmitt

…oh…yeah I'm drinking coffee and taking those “fat burning” supps…figured they might help.

Hurley

The ECA stack has worked wonders for me every time.  Its the only thing I've used that produced significant enough results to convince me that it wasn't just my own hard work/placebo effect 

Stephen Davis
    Participant

The ECA stack has worked wonders for me every time.  Its the only thing I've used that produced significant enough results to convince me that it wasn't just my own hard work/placebo effect

Where can you get an ECA stack these days?  I thot FDA pulled it in the states.  ???

Hurley

Where can you get an ECA stack these days?  I thot FDA pulled it in the states.  ???

Really they only banned the "E" from being used by (largely unregulated) supplement companies.  It's still legal as an ingredient in anything with a "Drug Facts" panel, although the pure form is pretty much gone.I've talked to people who've bought what they claimed was the pure product online from overseas distributors, but I really question the safety/quality/legality of any of that.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supplements to avoid on CBL?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?