SW single long workout experiment

• This topic has 3 voices and 6 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Penny Danner
    Participant

Big Tex,Remember when we were discussing how Spatz and I are testing out doing a long lift workout once/week, hiit 1-2x, walking/biking, and small muscle group lifts in the week after CN?Do you have any suggestions on how to consolidate SW for one long workout?  That is a LOT of exercises/sets to do on the whole body (but I'll do it), I just didn't know if you had any ideas on the which exercises to cut out  (for example....everything below X) or just do it as is?

Richard Schmitt

You know what's funny, I asked Kiefer that exact question (since he created SW) with one workout. So far I'm waiting on the second Q&A podcast.If I recall correctly you have the GainsFitness app correct? If you do, I would select a Full Body Day. It might be over an hour. I would do as such:BW Squat Warm UpsSquats ELECT/PSRSquats 2-3 sets x 8-10 repsDeadlifts ELECT/PSRBench ELECT/PSRDB Bench 2-3 sets x 8-10Overhead Press or Push Press ELECT/PSRArnold Press 2-3 sets x 8-10 repsBB Row or Reverse Grip BB Row ELECT/PSRBent Over Flyes 2-3 sets x 8-10 repsBB Curls or EZ Bar Curls ELECT/PSRRope Pushdowns 2-3 sets x 8-10 repsLandmines 2-3 sets x 8-10 reps

Penny Danner
    Participant

You know what's funny, I asked Kiefer that exact question (since he created SW) with one workout. So far I'm waiting on the second Q&A podcast.If I recall correctly you have the GainsFitness app correct? If you do, I would select a Full Body Day. It might be over an hour. I would do as such:BW Squat Warm UpsSquats ELECT/PSRSquats 2-3 sets x 8-10 repsDeadlifts ELECT/PSRBench ELECT/PSRDB Bench 2-3 sets x 8-10Overhead Press or Push Press ELECT/PSRArnold Press 2-3 sets x 8-10 repsBB Row or Reverse Grip BB Row ELECT/PSRBent Over Flyes 2-3 sets x 8-10 repsBB Curls or EZ Bar Curls ELECT/PSRRope Pushdowns 2-3 sets x 8-10 repsLandmines 2-3 sets x 8-10 reps

I only have the free version so far...still debating about buying the $10 one.

I am going to join in on this experiment. I plugged in 60 minute full body workout on the app, and it was pretty much as Tex wrote out. Mine added in Close Grip Pulley Rows (ELECT)I have been doing Shockwave for about 5 weeks, and I really don't think it is that taxing on the body. I usually do it 3 days a week, and I am still only in the gym about 30 minutes with the workouts consolidated. On Monday, I am going to do all the lifts in one day, but tweak the X lift and omit the 0 warmups after the first set.

Penny Danner
    Participant

I am going to join in on this experiment. I plugged in 60 minute full body workout on the app, and it was pretty much as Tex wrote out. Mine added in Close Grip Pulley Rows (ELECT)I have been doing Shockwave for about 5 weeks, and I really don't think it is that taxing on the body. I usually do it 3 days a week, and I am still only in the gym about 30 minutes with the workouts consolidated. On Monday, I am going to do all the lifts in one day, but tweak the X lift and omit the 0 warmups after the first set.

Thanks, Jill.  I'm doing my "brain prep" on all of this today so I can go workout tomorrow.  The only thing I'm not sure of (and I guess I can use the app for this) is to know when to increase my weight or what to start with.

Penny Danner
    Participant

BW Squat Warm Ups

How much of these?  Just 3x10?

Richard Schmitt

That would be good.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SW single long workout experiment

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?