Testosterone Replacement Therapy

• This topic has 13 voices and 85 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 76 through 86 (of 86 total)
  • Author

TCB
    Participant

No problem, buddy. [/danecook]

ob1541

My opinion. If you live a lifestyle that optimizes T production and added supplements that purport to raise t levels but don't then go for it. T therapy is meant to bring your T up to normal levels as opposed to a T cycle a bodybuilder or powerlifter might do which is way above anything your body has seen in its normal production. Just know that once you start T therapy it will eventually shut down your own production and in turn shrink your balls and lower possibly lower your sperm count. Bottom line is if you can bring your T up to where it should be anyway, why not. To me, often the benefits far outweigh the side effects, which are few if you use therapeutic doses.

Tracy Jarchow
    Participant

If I may make a suggestion toward your daily energy comment. I felt the same way until several months ago when I found bulletproof coffee. OMG. This stuff is a miracle drink! My energy level now is wicked strong all day. Something about grass fed butter, mct oil and coffee all blended together. A person has to try it for a few days before they will believe it.

Walter Norwood
    Participant

So just an update to this thread for those that are following. Saw the naturopath yesterday and she touched on some of my results from a salivary panel. It showed low SIgA levels in the gut but on a positive note, my cortisol curve was normal. So at the moment, here is the path of treatment:Saccharomyces bouladrii - to treat the low levels of SIgA in the gut. From an article I found: "Saccharomyces boulardii helps the body break down carbohydrates more effectively, reduces gut candida and neutralizes clostridium difficile toxins A and B, thus improving mucosal barrier effectiveness. It also lowers inflammatory IL-8."Herbals to treat the adrenal glands as well as the irritability I've been going through as a result of the mood swings.A homeopathic remedy (some witchcraft) - she asked that she not tell me what it was, and I agreed. She was curious if it would have any effects and wanted truthful results. Knowing me, she knows I'd google it and potentially give her a biased/coerced feedback. I agreed.DHEATribulus - from a high quality sourceThere you have it, I'll follow up in 4 weeks but I'm going to give this protocol 4 months before taking alternative measures (TRT) if necessary.

Big_R
    Participant

So just an update to this thread for those that are following. Saw the naturopath yesterday and she touched on some of my results from a salivary panel. It showed low SIgA levels in the gut but on a positive note, my cortisol curve was normal. So at the moment, here is the path of treatment:Saccharomyces bouladrii - to treat the low levels of SIgA in the gut. From an article I found: "Saccharomyces boulardii helps the body break down carbohydrates more effectively, reduces gut candida and neutralizes clostridium difficile toxins A and B, thus improving mucosal barrier effectiveness. It also lowers inflammatory IL-8."Herbals to treat the adrenal glands as well as the irritability I've been going through as a result of the mood swings.A homeopathic remedy (some witchcraft) - she asked that she not tell me what it was, and I agreed. She was curious if it would have any effects and wanted truthful results. Knowing me, she knows I'd google it and potentially give her a biased/coerced feedback. I agreed.DHEATribulus - from a high quality sourceThere you have it, I'll follow up in 4 weeks but I'm going to give this protocol 4 months before taking alternative measures (TRT) if necessary.

Good to hear your taking the tribulus route...  How many milligrams are you taking?  and as far as "high quality source"  where you are getting it from and what brand?  (curious)

Gnomer
    Participant

curious about the trib source  as well my luck with it has been not very good

Walter Norwood
    Participant

I figured that would be your next question:Mediherb Tribulus: http://www.mediherb.com/product_pdf/TribulusLR.pdf2 tabs twice a day, 245mg per tab, so looks like 490mg per dayI believe Mediherb is owned/made by Standard Process

Gnomer
    Participant

that brand is crazy expensive on amazon

Walter Norwood
    Participant

I noticed…

Big_R
    Participant

I figured that would be your next question:Mediherb Tribulus: http://www.mediherb.com/product_pdf/TribulusLR.pdf2 tabs twice a day, 245mg per tab, so looks like 490mg per dayI believe Mediherb is owned/made by Standard Process

500mg is just a little less than 1 capsule of most OTC trib supps (625mg).  But considering it's supposed to be higher quality maybe that's a pretty moderate dosage.  Libido usually goes up a lot in the first week or two so if you see that, then it's working.    Also the added calcium helps too.  makes me think these ppl know what the hell they are doing

Walter Norwood
    Participant

500mg is just a little less than 1 capsule of most OTC trib supps (625mg).  But considering it's supposed to be higher quality maybe that's a pretty moderate dosage.  Libido usually goes up a lot in the first week or two so if you see that, then it's working.    Also the added calcium helps too.  makes me think these ppl know what the hell they are doing

That's encouraging - I'll keep this thread update. I'm thinking about asking my PCP to test my TEST every four weeks...

Viewing 11 posts - 76 through 86 (of 86 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Testosterone Replacement Therapy

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?