Testosterone supplements

• This topic has 4 voices and 17 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Damon Amato
    Participant

My total testosterone is 311, free is 49, both really low IMO being that I am 31y/o and lift heavy weights 4x/week.  My wife reminded me that when we had trouble conceiving, I took a supplement called “spe-man”, an herbal supplement that increases sperm motility and count by increasing testosterone sort of indirectly. http://www.amazon.com/Himalaya-Speman-60-capsules-Pack/dp/B003XO6MRAFor you supplement gurus, can this help increase testosterone levels also?  We conceived 3 months after I started taking it, wondering if it'll help here too as my CBL results have been nil in 3.5 months. I'm trying to figure out if in the short term it's worth taking until I see an endocrinologist in 6 weeks.

Sportspt

Look for a semen called sustain alpha. I know it helps to raise T.

Damon Amato
    Participant

I'm looking at http://www.primordialperformance.com/store/sustain-alpha-liqua-vade.htmlcoupled withhttp://www.primordialperformance.com/store/phosphatidylserine_endoamp.htmlTaking things too far or an appropriate step to take with regard to my levels?  I like the sustain alpha idea at the least because it appears it won't cause a negative feedback loop, so I won't be sabotaging my body's ability to produce testosterone by taking it.....I think.  Right?

Sportspt

Looks good. I'd give it a try. Actually I'm gonna get some soon.

Damon Amato
    Participant

also, I don't see much for supplementing or dealing with such low T3. Recommendations?Most importantly, what do we think the chances are that my progress (as far as fat loss is concerned) has been nil because of low Testosterone and/or low T3?  I'd hate to get all these supplements and still not make progress.

Sportspt

A good hormone base is needed for things to progress well. Excess estrogen/low T symptoms include increased fat mass. Is it everything? No. Can it be a contributing factor? Hell yes. As for the T3 numbers/supplement tnation? Not sure. Ask your doc about supplement ting with iodine. There is a "test" involving iodine and absorption through the skin. I've never had a problem with T3 so I'm not too sure.

amedio

Are there any benefits for using such supplements? Will they be helpful overall when training?

Damon Amato
    Participant

If I were to take it it would be because my testosterone is really low and I don't understand any other reason for not getting any fat loss results for an extended period.

Sportspt

Gotta do your own research and be an informed consumer/user. Tree are tons of resources out there regarding test boosters.

Kiefer
    Participant

There are very few vetted T-boosters out there guys, sorry. Even the pro-hormones of yesteryear, when tested directly did only one thing: they boosted estrogen levels. Other than pharmaceuticals, I know of no supplements that help a suppressed libido. There are many that are powerfully suppressive, though, like alcohol, one of the most powerful T-down-regulators known to man. The real question is, what's suppressing your T-levels to such an extent for someone so young? It could be stress from overtraining, undereating, having a new child or all of the above. Maybe too little dietary fat. Estrogen levels may be high for some reason and it gets more complex when considering T3 levels because there's an interaction between T and T3 levels, and it's nowhere near linear.I can tell you this, the supplements are junk, illegal or need to be prescribed by your doctor. End of story.

meier.2007

I tried some DAA a couple of months ago and was kind of impressed by the results (the numbers at least). My 'cycle' of DAA + AI (ATD) lasted 5 weeks and I had my total T measured before and after (first thing in the morning, same lab, similar eating and sleeping patterns etc) which went from 4.49 (µg/l) to 8.88 (µg/l). The reference range was 2.8 – 11 (µg/l). That's a nice increase imho, even though the macroscopic effects weren't really drastic

ljr

I tried some DAA a couple of months ago and was kind of impressed by the results (the numbers at least). My 'cycle' of DAA + AI (ATD) lasted 5 weeks and I had my total T measured before and after (first thing in the morning, same lab, similar eating and sleeping patterns etc) which went from 4.49 (µg/l) to 8.88 (µg/l). The reference range was 2.8 - 11 (µg/l). That's a nice increase imho, even though the macroscopic effects weren't really drastic

That's pretty interesting, dude. What were your dosages like? Any recommendations on which product to get ATD from?Any future plans to cycle on again?

meier.2007

That's pretty interesting, dude. What were your dosages like? Any recommendations on which product to get ATD from?

Both products came from SNS, and I took 4 caps (DAA) and 1 cap (ATD) pre- and post workout.

Any future plans to cycle on again?

Yeah well, that stuff is quite expensive, but generally I'd love to do another couple of cycles  🙂

Newfiedan
    Participant

Having kids will influence testosterone levels, especially if you are directly involved with care giving. I take horny goat weed to aid in that department, but with that said excess bodyfat will lower testosterone levels as well as sleep, caloric intake, and many other factors. I know the horny goat weed works but in raw form it tastes awful lol get gel coated pills.

evaroland139

I haven’t used the supplement you've mentioned, so can’t vouch for it! But one of the best supplements I've used is Ageless Male, a product specially formulated to raise testosterone levels. It also contains zinc and magnesium, elements vital for optimum male sexual health. Don’t believe any Ageless Male scam reviews; hundreds and thousands of men have used the product with satisfactory results and no side effects. Worth a try!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Testosterone supplements

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?