Thanksgiving!

• This topic has 5 voices and 15 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Heisenberg
    Participant

I am so excited. This is the first year I will be able to stuff my face on Thanksgiving and not feel guilty! 😀 😀 😀 😀I'm curious, did anyone else plan their carb nite for Thursday?

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I'd say most of the forum did.

Spatz

Haha, totally. Food get in ma belleh.

Richard Schmitt

I planned it as such, especially finding out that the other family starts their Thanksgiving at 10-freaking-am  >:(

Scope75

Fuck those carbs!!!!!Sticking to my guns and staying ULC. I'll take a slab of Prime Rib over pies and junk any day of the week. Plus my CN will be Saturday and I'll just take home what I want if anything for then. Seems like most just dwell on the carbs when there's so much good ULC food to be had. Like cold cuts, cheese, olives, peppers, veggies with dip, etc and that's just starters. With Prime Rib and a Fried Turkey that's injected with BUTTER and herbs I just dont see why I'd leave room for anything else. I've also been LC for years so carbs are just not what I crave when there's food like I listed around me.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Fuck those carbs!!!!!Sticking to my guns and staying ULC. I'll take a slab of Prime Rib over pies and junk any day of the week. Plus my CN will be Saturday and I'll just take home what I want if anything for then. Seems like most just dwell on the carbs when there's so much good ULC food to be had. Like cold cuts, cheese, olives, peppers, veggies with dip, etc and that's just starters. With Prime Rib and a Fried Turkey that's injected with BUTTER and herbs I just dont see why I'd leave room for anything else. I've also been LC for years so carbs are just not what I crave when there's food like I listed around me.

Can I come to your Thanksgiving?

Scope75

Can I come to your Thanksgiving?

Hell yeah....Just let me know when and where you land.

cloudybrain
    Participant

I think ULC for thanksgiving is definitely the easiest thing to do. You have all that protein, veggies, and butter at your disposal.. for the last two years.. both thanksgiving dinners have been ULC.. and it was satisfying. I didn't see any foods where I felt like I wanted to be on my carb nite.

Scope75

I think ULC for thanksgiving is definitely the easiest thing to do. You have all that protein, veggies, and butter at your disposal.. for the last two years.. both thanksgiving dinners have been ULC.. and it was satisfying. I didn't see any foods where I felt like I wanted to be on my carb nite.

X2 and that brain must not be to cloudy.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Most likely I'll stay ULC for Thanksgiving myself.  I personally don't really care about food holidays, because everytime I backload it's like a holiday for me.

Scope75

And Thanksgiving doesn't even come close to being as good as a well planned out CN.

Richard Schmitt

And Thanksgiving doesn't even come close to being as good as a well planned out CN.

Too much thought and cooking involved...especially for us less fortunate folk

Scope75

Turkey and pie.....lots to think about. LolWhat do you mean less fortunate? It's not like I'm having a meal catered or made special for me because I'm ULC.

Richard Schmitt

Turkey and pie.....lots to think about. LolWhat do you mean less fortunate? It's not like I'm having a meal catered or made special for me because I'm ULC.

I meant for my status and what I have to do in order to enjoy a (hate to say it) GF Thanksgiving.

Spatz

Oh man! That's very true. When I was a veg and worked in Alaska on the fishing boat the Cook would specifically cook stuff separate* (I wasn't super picky, but if they could reserve some spaghetti sauce WITHOUT meat, that'd be great..) to cater to my "need." This way of eating is so terribly much easier, especially during Turkey day. It's a day centered around a big plate of meat.*I always said I could make it, so not to bother the Cook with my particulars, but I was sweet, and cute, and blonde haired with breasts and the only female on the waters....... so needless to say it wasn't an issue for me. 😛 He happily made it separate to rib me about it later.Last year I ate a carb nite turkey meal at my Mom's, and two days later kept it ULC at my Dads for my second thanksgiving and it was silly easy. I was planning on just carbing it up the second time too, but looking at the menu, it was too easy to say, "Nah"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanksgiving!

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?