The Dumbest Nutrition or Training Advice You Ever Heard

• This topic has 19 voices and 75 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)
  • Author

Zach516

add a six second sprint to boost testosterone. eating eggs and brazil nuts before bed to boost testosterone. my f-ing god. There is this kid in my dorm who keep spouting this nonsense at me. A tim ferris disciple. Moreover, It is just insulting to my intelligence. I've been reading, writing, researching, and testing nutritional theroies by intelligent people like Lyle, Kiefer, Berkhan, and Aragon for years. Hell, I've gone over glycogen formation/depletion so many times my bioscience of human movement class is a snore fest. RAWR. End rant.

Lauren Norfleet
    Participant

I got one! I went on Myfitnesspal.com yesterday because my friend asked me to be her buddy on there, and I put in all my goals, etc. It told me that I needed to intake on a daily basis:1500 calories208g carbs50g fat57g proteinAnd I COULDN'T change the fat/protein macros to reflect what I know I need, it literally wouldn't let me. I can't make them both be 150-175g. So I just made my protein where I needed it and I'll have to be "over" my fat intake every day. Oh darn.  ::)

pshannon

“Soy protein is better than Whey.” This guy said this to me and when I gave him the science he said "this women gets paid 2000 dollars and hour for nutritional advise, I think she knows what she is talking about."Sad

Lauren Norfleet
    Participant

"Soy protein is better than Whey." This guy said this to me and when I gave him the science he said "this women gets paid 2000 dollars and hour for nutritional advise, I think she knows what she is talking about."Sad

Snooki gets paid millions to be on television as some kind of star... doesn't mean she is one. Just because you toss gobs of money at someone doesn't mean they deserve it. I hate the whole "soy is the end all be all" attitude, it drives me crazy. And it is sad, because so many people are fooled into believing it.

"Soy protein is better than Whey." This guy said this to me and when I gave him the science he said "this women gets paid 2000 dollars and hour for nutritional advise, I think she knows what she is talking about."Sad

*Facepalm*Can someone pay me 2 grand an hour to spout bullshit?

pshannon

Snooki gets paid millions to be on television as some kind of star... doesn't mean she is one. Just because you toss gobs of money at someone doesn't mean they deserve it. I hate the whole "soy is the end all be all" attitude, it drives me crazy. And it is sad, because so many people are fooled into believing it.

Its like what Jim Laird and Robb Wolf have said, people dont take things seriously until there is a price tag on the item. If you try to give something away for free people don't take it seriously. Sad

Fairy

Uh, just saw this in a woman's magazine:Drink orange juice for breakfast because it's full of vitamins and will give you the energy you need to start the day. Great way to put on fat.

P.J.
    Participant

Uh, just saw this in a woman's magazine:Drink orange juice for breakfast because it's full of vitamins and will give you the energy you need to start the day. Great way to put on fat.

Have you guys heard of fruitarians?  People who literally eat nothing but fruits, all day every day, 24/7/365

Damon Amato
    Participant

Have you guys heard of fruitarians?  People who literally eat nothing but fruits, all day every day, 24/7/365

no, but that's probably because they've all died from some kind of health issue.

Fairy

I was a frutarian for a month. I lost weight. Luckily I was also weight training at the time, but never again.

P.J.
    Participant

I was a frutarian for a month. I lost weight. Luckily I was also weight training at the time, but never again.

What observations could you make from that 1 month that you were on a fruit diet?

pshannon

You sound embarrassed in this post 

Feanor

During a weight loss challenge I was told to make sure I ate 6 small meals a day of mostly protein and carbs, and to avoid eating fat, because it would make me fat. Only fat free cheese, no regular milk, etc. Soy was encouraged since it has less saturated fat.Fortunately I ignored this because the meal plan was a massive hassle, and I still dropped about 5% of my body fat.

Jonathan H Blough
    Participant

Yeah. I think the theory is that because we are somehow related to monkeys that humans are meant to eat like them.Unfortunately, you end up looking like this guy...3795835023_d1e9440eb7_o.jpg

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

During a weight loss challenge I was told to make sure I ate 6 small meals a day of mostly protein and carbs, and to avoid eating fat, because it would make me fat. Only fat free cheese, no regular milk, etc. Soy was encouraged since it has less saturated fat.Fortunately I ignored this because the meal plan was a massive hassle, and I still dropped about 5% of my body fat.

Yea most of these pop diets do actually cause you to lose weight, but they aren't performance diets.  I don't care what are eating but if you are in a deep calorie deficit you are going to lose weight.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Dumbest Nutrition or Training Advice You Ever Heard

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?