The PWO Shake calls for casein but it's expensive – Milk?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Zeniues
    Participant

So pretty much the title, caseine is really expensive where i’m from. So i’m wondering if I can use all the other supplements, and then instead of casein just blend it all with milk instead. Or will that prevent the insulin spike or something?

Because milk would also make it taste a lot better I think 😛

Richard Schmitt

You could just use whey isolate with CarbShock or Leucine and you’ll be fine.

Zeniues
    Participant

Okay, cool, that’ll make it easier to get dinner down an hour later or so too.

By the way on creatine, is it only taken PWO on CBL or everyday? I’ve never actually gotten into the supplement before because I heard it would make you bloated and such, so never used it.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Creatine usually makes you gain weight, but it’s intramuscular, so it won’t make you bloated. This is a myth because usually take creatine with carbohydrates (which is unnecessary) and their carb intake increases. As a result, they hold excess water. So the carbs are the culprit, not the creatine.

You are probably fine taking creatine just post-workout, but it can be taken every day if you want to spread the dosage out. Some people get gastric problems if they ingest too much creatine at once.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The PWO Shake calls for casein but it's expensive – Milk?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?