Thoughts on this approach to HIIT?

• This topic has 2 voices and 2 replies.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

nowyourdeadson
    Participant

So I'm JUST finishing up my prep phase for CBLand what I'm considering doing (i train fasted AM 2x per week, and 6pm 3x per week) is doing 10-12 mins of true HIIT cardio before each workouti do a recumbent bike that has resistance of 1-25, 25 is like heavy like pressing the pedals, 1 is so low that you could blow on them and they'd go.i do 1m slow just to get going, then i pedal like I'm about to get violated and jack to res up to level 25 and maintain it for as long as possible as fast as possible.. usually it's only like 15-25 seconds.. but my heart rate skyrockets up to 170-180+.. then catch breath for 2m or so, repeat.. get 4-5 total HIGH rounds in.. then catch my breath and go train..does this seem, to the pros here, like it would be a benefit to staying leaner and burning more fat during resistance training?

It depends on your goals. That is what I feel is the best "form" of HIIT. But doing it all the time has draw backs.

nowyourdeadson
    Participant

i used to do 2 fast 1 low, or 3:2 and stuffbut if you can do it for 2 minutes, then fuck you, it's not high intensity.that bike at full resistance, pedaling like your life depends on it.. THATS high intensity..  and that's my new approach, i don't plan on doing it before leg days.. i might limit it to a few times a week.. namely before my AM fasted sessions.. we'll see.. goal is to minimize fat gain while bulking.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thoughts on this approach to HIIT?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?