Training Program Critique

• This topic has 15 voices and 56 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
  • Author

AdamFiddler

I liked my answer better.

Richard Schmitt

I liked my answer better.

It was a very good answer, couldn't recommend a better explaination than what you said.

KRISTA.RN

I'll look that up. Thanks.

phippsy84

Hey all,  I am working on setting up an online training business.  I use CBL/CNS as my nutrition protocols, with some variance depending on the individual.  For training,  unless they are working towards a specific competitive goal,  I use a pretty basic 4 week wave template based on 5/3/1, except I move the 3's week and 5's week around, so its 3/5/1, similar to what Wendler talked about in the 5/3/1 for Powerlifting Ebook.  On the 5's week I don't have them rep out the last set.  It's meant as a deload or as I prefer reload(term from former mentor S/C coach).  The assistance work stays the same through the wave, I just add volume or intensity every week, then switch the movements the next wave.  After 2-3 waves I will change the main movements to something similar, back squat to front squat, conventional deadlift to sumo deadlift, bench to floor press, OH press to incline bench, for at least 1 or 2 waves,  then come back to the original lifts.  I give them a main movement every day in the 5/3/1 rep/intensity range, then two main accessory movements, then 3 accessory movements done in a circuit style,  this is how I get in the minor accessory stuff, like biceps, upper back, extra tricep volume.  Torso work is included as a circuit in the warm ups.  Any critiques or discussion would be appreciated.  Otherwise,  hopefully this template might help some others with ideas for training.Example:Day 1Squat 3's weekGood Mornings 4-5 sets of 5-8Lunges 3-4 sets of 8-10Circuit:Pull Throughs, Stability Ball Leg Curls, BW Step Ups 3x15-20Day 2 Bench 3's weekBB Rows 4-5 sets of 6-10DB Shoulder Press 3-4 sets of 8 Circuit:Tri Extensions, Bi Curls, Face Pulls 3 sets of 15-20Day 3Deadlift 3's weekSplit Squats 4-5 sets of 6-10RDL's 3-4 sets of 5-8Circuit:Leg Extensions, Leg Curls, Calf Raises 3 rounds of 15-20Day 4OH Press 3's weekPull Ups or Inverted Rows 4-5 sets to failureDB Floor Press 3-4 sets of 5-8Circuit:Triceps, Biceps, Upper Back 3 rounds of 15-20

David M Pope
    Participant

Hey all,  I am working on setting up an online training business.  I use CBL/CNS as my nutrition protocols, with some variance depending on the individual.  For training,  unless they are working towards a specific competitive goal,  I use a pretty basic 4 week wave template based on 5/3/1, except I move the 3's week and 5's week around, so its 3/5/1, similar to what Wendler talked about in the 5/3/1 for Powerlifting Ebook.  On the 5's week I don't have them rep out the last set.  It's meant as a deload or as I prefer reload(term from former mentor S/C coach).  The assistance work stays the same through the wave, I just add volume or intensity every week, then switch the movements the next wave.  After 2-3 waves I will change the main movements to something similar, back squat to front squat, conventional deadlift to sumo deadlift, bench to floor press, OH press to incline bench, for at least 1 or 2 waves,  then come back to the original lifts.  I give them a main movement every day in the 5/3/1 rep/intensity range, then two main accessory movements, then 3 accessory movements done in a circuit style,  this is how I get in the minor accessory stuff, like biceps, upper back, extra tricep volume.  Torso work is included as a circuit in the warm ups.  Any critiques or discussion would be appreciated.  Otherwise,  hopefully this template might help some others with ideas for training.Example:Day 1Squat 3's weekGood Mornings 4-5 sets of 5-8Lunges 3-4 sets of 8-10Circuit:Pull Throughs, Stability Ball Leg Curls, BW Step Ups 3x15-20Day 2 Bench 3's weekBB Rows 4-5 sets of 6-10DB Shoulder Press 3-4 sets of 8 Circuit:Tri Extensions, Bi Curls, Face Pulls 3 sets of 15-20Day 3Deadlift 3's weekSplit Squats 4-5 sets of 6-10RDL's 3-4 sets of 5-8Circuit:Leg Extensions, Leg Curls, Calf Raises 3 rounds of 15-20Day 4OH Press 3's weekPull Ups or Inverted Rows 4-5 sets to failureDB Floor Press 3-4 sets of 5-8Circuit:Triceps, Biceps, Upper Back 3 rounds of 15-20

It sounds like a straight-forward, well thought out approach.  Don't see why, depending on current level of training, it wouldn't work as a jumping off point for most lifters.

https://one.body.io/forums/topic/inchxinch-b2b-log-were-in-hell-gentlemen/

GonnaBeGiant

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it really doesn't take much to translocate TGLUT. I think a lot of people including myself stress to much on whether we are or not. I know I can't work legs hard at all except maybe some extensions and curls due to injury. That means I can't Dead lift or squat or really anything that is to extremely heavy and involves to much core. However I do think that if I stick to things I can do and work that muscle group to failure or just before failure with a good amount of weight and volume then I'm probably translocating. I remember Kiefer saying that it's a way diabetics can stop such extreme insulin sensitivity(or however he stated it) but the diabetics I know couldn't kill themselves in the gym due to poor health and without extremely heavy lifts and they seem to be translocating. He also said in one of his podcast that it is possible to translocate the hormones in one working set.  I may be completely wrong with this post. And I know I'm a newbie to this site, but I have spent a shit ton of time researching and asking questions as some of you may know LOL. Hopefully someone will agree with me on this! Thanks!

GonnaBeGiant

I have a feeling y'all might completely destroy my thread here so take it easy on me hahaha!

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it really doesn't take much to translocate TGLUT. I think a lot of people including myself stress to much on whether we are or not. I know I can't work legs hard at all except maybe some extensions and curls due to injury. That means I can't Dead lift or squat or really anything that is to extremely heavy and involves to much core. However I do think that if I stick to things I can do and work that muscle group to failure or just before failure with a good amount of weight and volume then I'm probably translocating. I remember Kiefer saying that it's a way diabetics can stop such extreme insulin sensitivity(or however he stated it) but the diabetics I know couldn't kill themselves in the gym due to poor health and without extremely heavy lifts and they seem to be translocating. He also said in one of his podcast that it is possible to translocate the hormones in one working set.  I may be completely wrong with this post. And I know I'm a newbie to this site, but I have spent a shit ton of time researching and asking questions as some of you may know LOL. Hopefully someone will agree with me on this! Thanks!

Kiefer said you get the best results with tGLUT translocation when one set is taken to failure on upper body movements and three sets are taken to failure on lower body movements.tGLUT isn't the only thing that is of concern though, you have to make sure you are depleting glycogen too or else those carbs have nowhere to go except for your fat cells.

GonnaBeGiant

So could one translocate strictly off extensions and curls? It never specified what moves or lifts?

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

So could one translocate strictly off extensions and curls? It never specified what moves or lifts?

Yes of course.

Tiago Nicolau
    Participant

I saw the 5/3/1 workout and i cant stop wondering if i can do it!I suffer of back injury (hernia in L5-S1) and because of that i cant do heavy weights squats or deadlifts, I can still do them but as part of the last exercise and with low weight or else mt hip and leg starts to burn and hurt like hell,By what i saw, is there any way of doing this plan with 1 Leg Squats for example? (1 Leg Split Squat, Squater squats)My current workout is based on 4 Sets of 4-6 exercices per muscle group on the inverted pyramid of 6-10 reps for shoulders and arms, 12-16 reps for Legs and 8-12 for the rest,Am i doing too much reps or that doesnt really matter?I finish each workout with 1-2 failure sets.

Simonis

Last week…. these are in kilos by the wayMonday AMPower Snatch + Snatch 100x1+1x5Power Clean from high blocks 107x2x5Jerk 120x2x5Clean Pull 150x5x5Back Squat 185x5x2 190x4x2PMPower Snatch from below knee 91x3x5Power Clean + hang power clean 107x1+1x5TuesdayPower snatch from mid thigh 91x2x5Power Clean + Clean 120x1+1x5Snatch High Pull 102x5x5Snatch Balance 102x3x3Push Press 113x5x5PMPower snatch to heavy good singlePower Clean to heavy good singleWednesdayMuscle Snatch 70x3x52 position clean floor and mid thigh 120x1+1x5Snatch Deadlift (alternates with clean deadlift every week) 130x5x5Front Squat 135x4x2 150x4x3PM NHNF Snatch up to a single at 107Muscle Clean from mid thigh working sets of 5 or so at 70 and 75 working a fast turn overAb Wheel and plate twistsThursday2 position Snatch floor and mid thigh 97x1+1X5Power Clean from blocks below knee 109x1x5Snatch Pull 127x5x5PMSnatch from high hip (no counter movement) up to a single at 132.... matched my pr from the floorPower Clean up to a heavy good single 134FridayAMHigh hang power snatch 91x3x5Clean and Jerk from high blocks .. staying lighter 107x1x5Back Squat 175x4x5PMSnatch up to 116Clean and Jerk up to 134SaturdaySnatch 113 118 120 125 120 118 113Clean and Jerk 125 130 134 138 141 138 134 130Clean pull from mid thigh 175x6x5RDL 127x6x5PM Power snatch pause in catch for 3 count and ride it down 100x1x8Power Clean pause in catch for 3 count ride it down 120x1x8Sunday late afternoonSnatch 20 reps one completed every minute on the minute for 20 minutes5@95 5@100 5@105 5@109Clean and jerk same protocol but 15 reps in 15 minutes3@105 3@110 3@115 3@120 3@1253x20 curls with empty bar3x10 snatch grip press with empty bar 3x10 good mornings @70 this is a typical work load in a week for me. I'm pretty variation heavy right now, trying some new combinations to boost strength, squatting fairly heavy. This week is a lighter squat volume and little bit lower intensity and volume on the lifts.

NoBread4Me
    Participant

What is the reason I don't see many people train like shockwave? I start with every muscle group now with 2 times 5×3 (increasing quick after eachother like Kiefer shows in his vids), followed by 2×8, so mostly 3 things for every muscle group. Is this not optimal or muscle building? I am a bit surprised right now so that is why I ask.

Tiago Nicolau
    Participant

I do SW HD at the moment 🙂

gerry yerves
    Participant

Reseructing this cuz it seems like the place this should go. I've always had a problem with the concept of less is more. I started Shockwave last week, and I'm going to try to stick with it, I have tinkered a bit, and I want to make sure I'm not doing to much while on cns. splits areDay 1 Legs, Carb NiteSumo Deadlift 3x10Leg Extensions 3x10Barbell Squats, Elect 5x3 (Usually Smith Machine)Leg Press Elect 5x3Stiff Leg Deadlifts Elect 5x3Seated Leg Curls, 2x10Seated Calf Raise, 100 AFAPCalf Press on Angles Leg Press, 3x8Body Weight Step Ups 3x12day 2Hiit/Chest, Bi'sHiit, :30-1:00, for 20 mins+ 5 min WU, 5 min CDBarbell bench, WU, 3x10, Elect 5x3Decline Barbell bench Elect 5x3Cable crossover 21's 3x21Dumbell Barbell pullover 2x8 Barbell Bench 1x1(only if I'm feeling good)Wide grip pull down 3x8Barbell Curl, Elecct 5x3Preacher Curl Machine Elect 5x3Cable Rope Hammer Curls, 3x8Tricep Rope Pressdowns 3x12Day 3 Walk 4 miles 1 hr maybe a bit overDay 4Hiit/CoreHiit  :20/1:00 20 mins +5:00 WU/CDCable Wood Chops 3x10 per sideLandmines 3x10 per sideDumbbell figure 8's 3x12 per sideDumbbell Juggler  3X1:15 Back Hyperextensions 3x10Day 5 Shoulders, Tri's Chest Shoulder stretchCable Lateral Raise  WU 3x12Smith Machine Overhead Press, Elect 5x3Cable Upright Row, Elect 5x3Dumbbell Lateral Raise 2x10Smith Machine Shrug Elect 5x3Reverse Flyes 3x8Dumbbell Alernate Bicep Curls 2x10Day 6Off or Walk, Depending on my weekDay 7 BackWide Grip Lat Pulldown WU 3x10Deadlift WU 2x10Deadlift Elect 5x3T-Bar Row Elect 5x3Dumbbell Bent over Row 3x8Cable V bar Pulldown 3x8High Wide Cable Row Elect 5x3Dumbbell Middle Back Shrug 3x12Dumbbell Bench Press 2x102 mins rest between sets, or after elect sets

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Training Program Critique

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?