U.K or U.S?

• This topic has 11 voices and 24 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

dawatts22

US.

Naomi Most

Sounds like a good mix to me 🙂 I thought due to the books and forum creators (Please correct if Im wrong) are Americans that most of the users would be too...I prefer the metrics too, expecially when calculating nutritional needs and values. A cup or a tablespoon is easy to use but also misuse if you're on a strict diet 😉 That tablespoon measure suddenly got a huge back to it.... however its not that easy to fool the scale. it is what it is 🙂On the other hand cups and spoons are better when using different density food where the scale is useless.... 2 cups of spinach or 300grams.... which do you choose...

Worse: we're Bay Areans.  😀I think measuring food by scale weight (in grams) is the best way to go when you need to be SURE, and also results in the best baking results.

Lasse Elsbak
    Participant

Bay area produces some of the best thrash metal!

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

What region of the US do you think is the least fit?  I am gonna vote for Appalachia, the region I live.  I don't know if I'm stereotyping, but it seems like everyone on the West Coast is into fitness.  Maybe I should move there.

Richard Schmitt

What region of the US do you think is the least fit?  I am gonna vote for Appalachia, the region I live.  I don't know if I'm stereotyping, but it seems like everyone on the West Coast is into fitness.  Maybe I should move there.

No your pretty much right, it's because you can practically do EVERYTHING outside. I'm looking into moving there in the future just because of that fact.

U.S. here….

dmmethod

Doing coast to coast in 2 months. Orlando to LA. Can't freakin wait! Ppl aren't very healthy here either. Lots of BIG ppl in roving gangs of motorized carts putzing around the local grocery stores. They always seem to congregate in the ice cream section. Not judging, just an observation…

Richard Schmitt

Unfortunately Texas has a lot of the main fat cities. I live in of them too. I'll be at the store and see this. I walk up and down the “healthier” isles, and I'll be the only one there. I'll go down the cookie isle…I'll see three or four people. What's wrong is also that I walk to the grocery store and when I'm leaving with a couple bags of groceries, I'll get a comment asking if I'm actually walking home, and scoffed at. I live a mile in a half away from the nearest grocery store. Also get honked at or something said when I bike to and from the gym. That's three+ miles away from my home. I feel actually lazy when I don't walk/bike anywhere.Oh yeah by the way, US

dawatts22

Doing coast to coast in 2 months. Orlando to LA. Can't freakin wait! Ppl aren't very healthy here either. Lots of BIG ppl in roving gangs of motorized carts putzing around the local grocery stores. They always seem to congregate in the ice cream section. Not judging, just an observation...

Maybe they are prepping for their carb nite.  😉

dmmethod

Hahaha!! You may be right!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

U.K or U.S?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?