ULC protein intake

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Matthew Cook
    Participant

I am under the impression that for the ULC part of the day grams of protein and grams of fat should be kept fairly equal to prevent the slight insulin response from some proteins and to avoid gluconeogenesis. Is this correct?

Richard Schmitt

Yes

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

That’s usually a good starting point. Just from observations from the forums, I think most people that are metabolically healthy should favor protein. Generally they lose moe body fat that way. People that are metabolically screwed up (poor blood sugar control) generally do better if they favor fat.

Matthew Cook
    Participant

That’s what I was thinking too. I haven’t officially started CBL yet, but I have been experimenting. I find that I might have a problem getting in the recommended protein intake without being somewhat high on kcals if during the ULC part of the day I keep fat and protein in a 1:1 ratio.

Megan Berry
    Participant

I posted this elsewhere, but didn’t get much feedback. I thought I’d try to get some advice on an active thread!

Hi all. I’ve been doing carb nite for a little over a week. Before my first carb nite I went from 146 to 144. I haven’t weighed myself again as I am not trying to be a slave to a number. I wanted to see if my numbers look okay. I am 5’6 weighing 144, my guess would be that I am about 21% body fat. I have been eating 130 grams of protein and 130 grams of fat, under 30 net carbs, staying around 1800 calories. I lift 4 days a week, with decently heavy weight, 95lb bench press, 160lb deadlifts and do yoga 4 times a week as well.
    Are those numbers okay?
    I have a least one or two protein shakes, is that okay?
    Also, on a side note, are flax seeds okay to increase fiber?

Robert Haas
    Participant

I’ll chime in and say yes numbers look good and yes to the following questions. @ 21% BF you should see good partitioning and results but keep in mind on CN with that much training could deplete you quicker as the weight goes down so some adjustments in nutrition might need to be made.

The eyes can't see what the mind doesn't understand.

Megan Berry
    Participant

Thank you for replying Rob.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ULC protein intake

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?