ULC/Keto Nutrition=Religious needs?

• This topic has 3 voices and 8 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

chalm
    Participant

I hardly eat ship's food, espically considering my dietary needs doing CNS/ULC.  IF I could convince my ship to give me my comrats (food allowance) I could get my own food without paying out of pocket. Only way to get that money is to have a specific relgious need.  Saying I'm vegan/vegitarian won't work, someone already tired. FYI for those who don't know, our beef has 22g carbs, our hotdogs (6g), and then we always mix carbs into the main "protien" dish......  And we aren't going to deploy for two years, so no worries with that part. Suggestions??

Gnomer
    Participant

i'd honestly go with another way of eating.. IIFYM or basic bodybuilding diet.. so many diets work just as well as CN/CBL but CN/CBL protocols are very convenient for the average person.. but people in your situation are much better off doing something else. My last deployment was only a month and we were inport for a good part of it but even then it was impossible to keep it up on the boat without going crazy which is just not worth it imho when you could get same results and not drive yourself mad…

chalm
    Participant

i'd honestly go with another way of eating.. IIFYM or basic bodybuilding diet.. so many diets work just as well as CN/CBL but CN/CBL protocols are very convenient for the average person.. but people in your situation are much better off doing something else. My last deployment was only a month and we were inport for a good part of it but even then it was impossible to keep it up on the boat without going crazy which is just not worth it imho when you could get same results and not drive yourself mad...

well thats the catch, on duty days thats the only time it's annoying.  well and lunches too.  BUT I'm not gonna deploy for a long while!  Don't get me wrong, I want that extra $325 too 🙂IF I was to kick this means of eating, suggestions?  So just macros and figure out the math?

chalm
    Participant

Plus, now that I know about CNS and what not, I'm paranoid about other means of eating……IDK.I have an addictive personality, which is why I can do stuff like this and not have issues..but switching to something else, seems "wrong" to me..

Gnomer
    Participant

how often do you have duty? when i was on a boat it was like 1 and 5… if that is the case i'd just bring food and eat the cost of it, if you are really committed to staying on this diet… i never ate on my boat unless underway or on duty even though I was getting all my BAS taken away

chalm
    Participant

how often do you have duty? when i was on a boat it was like 1 and 5... if that is the case i'd just bring food and eat the cost of it, if you are really committed to staying on this diet... i never ate on my boat unless underway or on duty even though I was getting all my BAS taken away

righr now every six days I have duty. I only normally eat lunch which can be a challenge at times. My issue with switching to macros or a body building diet is, why should I?  Because its easier?  I dont believe that. Idk if gut health and everything Kiefer n Rocky says is true, why stop ??

chalm
    Participant

FYI I'm only on boat for six more months. I'd love to get the extra money too 🙂 I'll survive without the extra money

Gnomer
    Participant

how often do you have duty? when i was on a boat it was like 1 and 5... if that is the case i'd just bring food and eat the cost of it, if you are really committed to staying on this diet... i never ate on my boat unless underway or on duty even though I was getting all my BAS taken away

righr now every six days I have duty. I only normally eat lunch which can be a challenge at times. My issue with switching to macros or a body building diet is, why should I?  Because its easier?  I dont believe that. Idk if gut health and everything Kiefer n Rocky says is true, why stop ??

Why not just pack lunch. I know you were trying to get your BAS back (might be called something else in the navy) but if that wont happen. It might be worth it to just pack a meal. 

chalm
    Participant

Within reason I do. On the day's it should be just chicken or pork its some horribke breaded or pasta whatever.  Again just trying to get some extra money. Wasn't sure if someone had a super bad ass idea to connected ULC/cbs/cbl to religious needs.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ULC/Keto Nutrition=Religious needs?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?