update on my stall..

• This topic has 8 voices and 15 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

girl
    Keymaster

I lost 2 pounds and almost a 1/2 inch on my waist. Turns out I'm just an impatient. :-*

Newfiedan
    Participant

lol love it.

girl

lol love it.

Thanks!

Chuck

Yea true, this diet actually loses more body fat then strict pounds, took me a while to figure that out as well. But it's nice……. I won't have to yo' yo' from mass phase to lean phase. Well keep hitting it, and keep your weigh ins on the scale to a minimum. Go off the mirror. I have been weighing in before the carbnite. keeps me accurate.

girl

Yea true, this diet actually loses more body fat then strict pounds, took me a while to figure that out as well. But it's nice....... I won't have to yo' yo' from mass phase to lean phase. Well keep hitting it, and keep your weigh ins on the scale to a minimum. Go off the mirror. I have been weighing in before the carbnite. keeps me accurate.

you mean weighing myself every morning like every other over obsessed girl with a scale is bad?  :-X  .. I know I know I am only counting the pre CN meal weigh in.  I have a pair of old jeans I use as my real comparison.

bako71

I find that pictures are the best measure.  I don't notice the changes until the 3rd week.  I will take pictures after the fourth week and I compare the pictures.  It is usually a nice suprise even though the scale doesn't reflect it.It is nice to know there is another woman on the boards!  🙂 I am doing carb nite as well to lean down a bit before going to CBL.  Keep us posted on your progress.

girl

I find that pictures are the best measure.  I don't notice the changes until that week.  I will take pictures after the fourth week and I compare the pictures.  It is usually a nice suprise even though the scale doesn't reflect it.It is nice to know there is another woman on the boards!  🙂 I am doing carb nite as well to lean down a bit before going to CBL.  Keep us posted on your progress.

sweet! I do that too.. and edit them on picnik.com so they are side by side.

Naomi Most

I find that pictures are the best measure.  I don't notice the changes until that week.  I will take pictures after the fourth week and I compare the pictures.  It is usually a nice suprise even though the scale doesn't reflect it.It is nice to know there is another woman on the boards!  🙂 I am doing carb nite as well to lean down a bit before going to CBL.  Keep us posted on your progress.

There are more of us than it would first appear.  cytotoad is another female you may run into (she's training under Julia Ladewski), and Tara Green (an elite-level powerlifter) just showed up here as well. Both of these women are doing Carb Back-Loading.  My own log is under the CBL forum as well.Having more womanly visibility on the forums would be a very positive thing. Too many women ask me if Kiefer's diets are for guys only...I keep thinking I should make a "for the ladies" forum, but I'm hesitant as I don't want it to become a female ghetto, if that makes any sense.  Men tend to dismiss women's contributions and women tend to marginalize themselves and seem to think they can't learn from the guys.  I don't want to set up an environment that will encourage these patterns to be reinforced.We really aren't all that fundamentally different!  Women should train just as men do. And women should eat in the same patterns as men both for mass gain and fat loss. The differences are almost totally numerical, matters of pure scale.But by the same token, women run into interesting issues that men do not, and it's always useful to have a chorus of people who have the same general perspective there to give help and understanding about these "extra" things men don't have to worry about.  (Well, men have their own extra things...)I'm just not sure how to decide on the forum organization question, so for now, I'm not setting up any gender divisions.For now...  If / when you are comfortable, ladies, I would encourage you to adopt female avatars (IF it feels right to you) to make it more obvious that there are, in fact, women on this forum, which really will encourage more women to stick around.A lot of women hesitate to be "obviously female" on the internet out of fear of being called out on their gender and treated differently. Perhaps there are other reasons why women don't get involved on forums and thus appear to be a marginal part of the community -- I'd appreciate some insight if you have any.For what it's worth, please know that it's my personal mission to make this forum amenable to everybody -- i.e. NOT a fucking bros' club like "those bodybuilding forums".  See also "Be Excellent to Each Other", our one and only forum rule.

sckiely
    Participant

I agree wholeheartedly Naomi. Very well said  🙂

Richard Schmitt

I was just about to mention something regarding this. It is honorable to have females aboard these forums, I do as well agree with everything that Miss Naomi said =D

girl

Naomi.. that's why my user name is girl. lol. I was hoping to find other women on CN or CBL. The only info out there for women is mostly Atkins related. When I found your blog I was so excited and it led me here. I'm doing CN for a couple more weeks and will start CBL with my husband. I need to buy the book soon. My goal is first to lean out then increase my muscle mass. I love this forum. So thankful!

Damon Amato
    Participant

I think the females can give an interesting perspective, and I'm quite I could learn just as much from them as they can from me.  As long as you ladies can stand the insatiable urge for testosterone related jokes at times, this will be fun.

girl

I think the females can give an interesting perspective, and I'm quite I could learn just as much from them as they can from me.  As long as you ladies can stand the insatiable urge for testosterone related jokes at times, this will be fun.

I have a husband and 3 boys, all good here  ;D

bako71

For now...  If / when you are comfortable, ladies, I would encourage you to adopt female avatars (IF it feels right to you) to make it more obvious that there are, in fact, women on this forum, which really will encourage more women to stick around.For what it's worth, please know that it's my personal mission to make this forum amenable to everybody -- i.e. NOT a fucking bros' club like "those bodybuilding forums".  See also "Be Excellent to Each Other", our one and only forum rule.Awesome good to know and I totally agree!  ok maybe I will go first with the Avatar. 

Chuck

Yea I told my wife to sign up on the website, for tips and tricks of carbnite. She's already hit her weight but looking to tone…..luckyShe was 135lbs 24 days ago and weighed in today at 123lbs. So this diet is great for both genders. She lost strictly fat and kept muscle.Also new people..... check out the recipes, they will help out on those difficult days. For some reason a slice of bread can be tempting.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

update on my stall..

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?