Weighing Bacon

• This topic has 4 voices and 3 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

BenjaminD

I'll get right to the question:When people post they ate "1/2lb of bacon", is that typically half of a package? Is that also a 1/2lb pre-cooked weight?I've never eaten bacon as regularly as I do now (which is still not nearly as regular as other members) so if someone could lay this ugly bag of snakes out straight for me that would be super cool. Thanks!-BD

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I'll get right to the question:When people post they ate "1/2lb of bacon", is that typically half of a package? Is that also a 1/2lb pre-cooked weight?I've never eaten bacon as regularly as I do now (which is still not nearly as regular as other members) so if someone could lay this ugly bag of snakes out straight for me that would be super cool. Thanks!-BD

Typically any meat is weighed before it is cooked.  So yea whenever someone says they eat half a pound of bacon, generally that is the weight before it is cooked.

Big_R
    Participant

I use ounces to measure weight since some packages are different than others. so 1/2 lbs = 8oz

Marty P Koch
    Participant

Yeah, 1/2 lb of bacon post-cooking would be a boatload…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Weighing Bacon

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?