Weight not going back down within 7 days

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

dshugarts
    Participant

After my carb nite, my weight seems to take longer than 7 days to come back down to what it was pre carb nite. I've been on carb nite for about 2 years and this didn't start happening until this past year where sometimes my weight will go back down and some weeks I'll be two pounds heavier I'm 5'0 around 125 poundsEating about 125g fat and 90g protein Lift 4 times a week with cardio two days after carb nite I don't know if I'm doing something wrong that's causing this to happen??

Richard Schmitt

Probably need to swap macros.

dshugarts
    Participant

So switch to 125g protien and 90g fat?

Wiebke Fischer
    Participant

I had the Same problem, weight was not going down in 7 days, so Penny told me to switch my Macros ( up the protein to 1x bw lbs and fat intake 0.6… 0.8 per bw lbs) and in my case it worked. The only problem with this macro combination was that I felt hungry all the time. It took about 5 days and afterwards my body/hunger adapted.

Richard Schmitt

So switch to 125g protien and 90g fat?

Yes 🙂

dshugarts
    Participant

I always thought that fat should be higher than protein?
    but protein should always be 1g bw?

Penny Danner
    Participant

Protein can be 0.8-1g of BW and fat played with to find what works for you. Generally speaking, 0.6-0.8g per BW. Fat CALORIES will be more than protein CALORIES because it is all a percentage of TOTAL calories for the day. Grams and percentages are two separate things.

dshugarts
    Participant

Fat should be .6-.8 as well?

Richard Schmitt

About .65-1g/BW

dshugarts
    Participant

Is it normal to be getting headaches/lower energy than before from switching my macros?

Richard Schmitt

How low is your fat grams? Might need to make a reasonable call by adding more.

dshugarts
    Participant

Around 100g

Richard Schmitt

Also getting headaches can be normal from your body becoming “keto” or using your body fat. It tends to happen, and is a sign you’re depleted. You could increase the fat grams if needed to around 125g, but may not necessarily need it.

dshugarts
    Participant

I just feel like my energy has just been low and I could barely finish my leg day yesterday but I didn’t know if it was because my body was used to how much fat I was getting before I switched my macros

Richard Schmitt

Sounds like you’re depleted, how many days are you training?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Weight not going back down within 7 days

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?