What Do the Squares Above People’s Avatars Mean?

• This topic has 5 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Just curious.

zewski

No clue, but I think it somewhat reflects how much time is wasted on the forums  ;D

IOWA.PharmD

Security clearance to DH's Top Secret stuff………  8)Just kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I have not clue.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

It has something to do with prestige, Naomi, BigTex, Iowa.PharmD all have 5 blue squares.  They post a lot, but Kiefer has 5 blue squares too and he is under 100 posts.

IOWA.PharmD

I think moderators get them?iBOBLAND should maybe be a moderator?

Naomi Most

It has something to do with prestige, Naomi, BigTex, Iowa.PharmD all have 5 blue squares.  They post a lot, but Kiefer has 5 blue squares too and he is under 100 posts.

It comes from having been assigned privileges, not from posting a lot. I could assign moderator privs to a newbie and they'd have 5 squares right away.Posting a lot does result in more squares over time, but you can't get to 5 squares that way.I haven't been paying much attention to the issue of "fair squares" -- there are a LOT of settings I could configure behind the scenes and I just don't feel like it right now.  🙂Color, by the way, indicates group membership.  I've been meaning to play around with that a bit more, set different colors for various groups, etc.  The yellow squares belong to "normal users" (non moderators, non Admins).

Naomi Most

By the way (for those who missed it in another forum post):  Anybody who wants to be a moderator is welcome to ask for privileges.  I would suggest having a minimum of 150 posts before asking me.  Not a hard limit, just a suggested number to reach so you can be assured I won't be like, “uh, who are you again?”

Jeremy Wade
    Participant

I would suggest having a minimum of 150 posts before asking me.  Not a hard limit, just a suggested number to reach so you can be assured I won't be like, "uh, who are you again?"

I have posted over 150 posts, unfortunately, it has done little for me.  Most of the time I am left asking myself, "who am I again?".

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

What Do the Squares Above People’s Avatars Mean?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?