What I or we all thought that needed to be done.

• This topic has 6 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Richard Schmitt

I know I used to do this…sometimes still do…Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I don't really understand.  Are you being sarcastic?

Richard Schmitt

Pretty much. That eating is needed not eating nothing. Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

McLeod2012

It just goes back to where people think a calorie is a calorie. This might work for a short period of time. If you want to be miserable and skinny fat. Also, once you stop losing weight aren't eating ANYTHING, what will you do next? It's just dumb and unsafe.

Chuck

Yea, especially with the media and government shooting nutritional advice out their ass- It’s their rhetoric that has doomed the baby boomers and almost generation X,Y, finally fats are considered good, carb cycling is suggested, and a calorie is not a calorie invented 300 years ago by burning our food.  ;D Funny times.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Yea the USDA's nutritional advice is based on old studies taken out of context as well as commercial interests.  Also the medical profession deserves a lot of blame for this..

Kiefer
    Participant

The real problem in this country is that our nutritional standards aren't based on any controlled research whatsoever, only observational work.As a brief example of the crappy results this produces, the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP)'s first dietary guidelines to reduce cholesterol levels followed the low-fat, low-saturated fat, low-animal fat paradigm to the letter. The result: the NCEP I diet was the most successful program to date for raising cholesterol levels, blood pressure and incidence of heart-attack. NCEP II wasn't much better. They're on NCEP III and they still haven't based the recommendations on a single study.

Dr. Rocky Patel
    Participant

The real problem in this country is that our nutritional standards aren't based on any controlled research whatsoever, only observational work.As a brief example of the crappy results this produces, the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP)'s first dietary guidelines to reduce cholesterol levels followed the low-fat, low-saturated fat, low-animal fat paradigm to the letter. The result: the NCEP I diet was the most successful program to date for raising cholesterol levels, blood pressure and incidence of heart-attack. NCEP II wasn't much better. They're on NCEP III and they still haven't based the recommendations on a single study.

+1

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

What I or we all thought that needed to be done.

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?