What Insanity for HIIT

• This topic has 4 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Sakecat

So I know that Insanity is not the ideal work out to be combining with CN solution's etc. How ever I am only going to be using it on days that are post Carb Night. So I remember reading in a post some place that some Insanity workouts are more hiit like than others I just cant seem to find that post again though. Any one who has done the program remember what dvds are more HIIT like?? Also I have tried to go out on my own and create some HIIT workouts and I managed ot hurt my self doing it. So in the interest of not hurting my self and the fact that I like doing videos because I just push play Click off and do them. I am going to seek some other videos that are done in a HIIT style any suggestions?? I already found a Pilates HIIT Video that I am stoked to try as I liked Pilates gave me allot of core strength. 

Richard Schmitt

There was never a post suggesting which video and to be honest pop in one and go for it. I would think a full body would be good

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Insanity is fine as long as it's a day or two after Carb Nite.

Sakecat

The post was not so much suggesting it but stating that some were more HIIT like than others.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

The post was not so much suggesting it but stating that some were more HIIT like than others.

Ok I see.  Admittingly I am not familiar with Insanity.  I just assumed it was one of those programs that use high rep sets with short rest periods.

Ok I see.  Admittingly I am not familiar with Insanity.  I just assumed it was one of those programs that use high rep sets with short rest periods.

It is essentially that. I think the general outline is hit plyometric type exercises as hard as you can for a set time.

Sakecat

Basically most of it is high rep cardio. But a few like The Max Interval Training one is high intensity for around 4 minutes with very small rest periods so HIIT but with too short of a rest from what I have been reading I have been adapting by skipping a set. How ever I am not expert.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Basically most of it is high rep cardio. But a few like The Max Interval Training one is high intensity for around 4 minutes with very small rest periods so HIIT but with too short of a rest from what I have been reading I have been adapting by skipping a set. How ever I am not expert.

That wouldn't be true HIIT, but that is still very glycolytic.  It would serve the same function.  It would just be more difficult.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

What Insanity for HIIT

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?