What should be on your ipod while at the gym

• This topic has 29 voices and 59 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)
  • Author

What and who do y'all like to listen to when doing HIIT or lifting weights??

The same kind of music I play.... heavy metal, progressive rock, etc.  Guitar-driven stuff, full of solos.Currently I am spinning a LOT of Anathema (UK-based prog metal).  Always loved those guys.Other tops are:  Porcupine Tree, Pink Floyd and Threshold.Cory

guitarjon
    Participant

It changes all the time.

This...I have been listening to a lot of A.F.I. lately during my workout.  But, you can't go wrong with Slayer, Megadeath, Exodus with a little Pink & Tom Jones mixed in for some good contrast.

Hell yeah man, I love older A.F.I.  Black Sails is one of my favorite albums.

webby

Anything from the EDM world really….except dubstep!

tlfoxy

It changes all the time.

This...I have been listening to a lot of A.F.I. lately during my workout.  But, you can't go wrong with Slayer, Megadeath, Exodus with a little Pink & Tom Jones mixed in for some good contrast.

Hell yeah man, I love older A.F.I.  Black Sails is one of my favorite albums.

Mine too! I have seen them twice.  Great show as well.  The experience was cult-like.  Coheed and Cambria opened up for them and got booed off stage.  Good times.

miku

At the moment, really into Devil sold his soul – awesome British band.Usually, Tool, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Slipknot, Mudvayne, Rammstein, NIN, System of a Down, Deftones - that kinda stuff.

raisethebarbell

Wolfmother, Joker and the Thief got me going the other day. Cool thread.

Sarah_Walker
    Participant

I have the songza app so I use the playlists off there…depending on my mood some times its current hiphop/popmost of the time I like listening to rage against the machine, van halen, system of a down, disturbed, lots of rock! it keeps me pumped up the most. if anyone at the gym knew I was listening to that I'm sure they would be shocked, I'm petite,blonde,makeup, and people probably think I'm listening to bubblegum pop or taylor swift. little do they know  8)

Kevin Creel

Wow, I feel old.  So far I see no classic rock on this list such as Queen, Pink Floyd, G&R, Skynyrd and the like.  Where are the old 42 y/o farts like me? 🙂

Richard Schmitt

I enjoy the variation with my music. I listen to pretty much everything except rap and some jazz. Heavy metal, rock, techno, r&b, and classic rock. I love this thread! I needed to find some artist/songs for my workouts! >=D

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Wow, I feel old.  So far I see no classic rock on this list such as Queen, Pink Floyd, G&R, Skynyrd and the like.  Where are the old 42 y/o farts like me? 🙂

I am 23 and I pretty much listen to all classic rock.  I just can't get into my generation's music.

Richard Schmitt

Nothing wrong with Kansas as well!

Kevin rogers
    Participant

Bump, for some more goodies!

ForX
    Participant

any technical death metal, deathcore/metalcore will doOriginHour of penanceOceanoKillSwitch EngageUnearthDevilDriverMisery SignalsGoatwhorewhitechapelthe list goes on, as long as it makes you break into a sweat just by listening to it its all right.

Em

Juno Reactor – Navras

acarnovale

I listen to a lot of stuff, but if I'm going for a single or a rep max I always put on Cancer Bats or Comeback Kid

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

What should be on your ipod while at the gym

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?