Wheat flour in every cake, dextrose in every bacon.

• This topic has 5 voices and 6 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Nadya Topalovaivan
    Participant

Hi, guys,I just came back from a supermarket, where I am yet to find cookies or cakes that aren't made with wheat flour. How suitable could these be for CBL? And another thing that really bothers me, every type of bacon (and many other hams, etc.), local or imported from Italy, states "dextrose" in the ingredients list. What's the deal with that, since I became aware of that I'm eating it only when I back load.

If you don't have a problem with gluten the cakes should be fine.I still recommend people give gluten free a shot for awhile so they can see how they feel.Dextrose is used to cure meats, don't worry about it. There will only minute traces of it left if any at all.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Hi, guys,I just came back from a supermarket, where I am yet to find cookies or cakes that aren't made with wheat flour. How suitable could these be for CBL? And another thing that really bothers me, every type of bacon (and many other hams, etc.), local or imported from Italy, states "dextrose" in the ingredients list. What's the deal with that, since I became aware of that I'm eating it only when I back load.

I am not sure if you no this, but wheat flour is the same as white flour.  We want to avoid whole wheat or whole grain.  As far as dextrose, it doesn't matter just look at the carb count on the nutrition facts table.

Nadya Topalovaivan
    Participant

I am not sure if you no this, but wheat flour is the same as white flour.  We want to avoid whole wheat or whole grain.  As far as dextrose, it doesn't matter just look at the carb count on the nutrition facts table.

I do know, however every time I see something other than white flour I start to avoid it. (It used to be the opposite for so long..)I probably worry too much.As for the gluten I tried to test my self excluding it from my diet and then reintroducing it, however i wasn't able to make it 100% without it or with it for that matter, so I'm not completely sure if I get a reaction.Anyway, thanks for the input.

Richard Schmitt

Everything said here is spot on! If anything you can start making your own gluten free stuff

Nadya Topalovaivan
    Participant

If anything you can start making your own gluten free stuff

That's the next must do step!

Roadblock
    Participant

Everything said here is spot on! If anything you can start making your own gluten free stuff

Absolutely the way to go. Bake your own cookies and stuff. That way you have 100% control of what's in them.RB

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Wheat flour in every cake, dextrose in every bacon.

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?