wheat protein with raw eggs (is wheat protein bad)

• This topic has 6 voices and 16 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Chuck

Well shoot the titles sums up the abruptness of my protein intake with a raw egg, I have free range eggs and figure I would add them to my protein shake, now the real question is….Does wheat protein have the same effect as Soy thanks again guys…… this stuff taste really good though and I would never try soy plus I use normal whey just wanted to try this out.Figured wheat is good in the morning due to no Leucine or BCAA'S added also Low carb to keep carb at 0-30 until 3:30 for heavy homeostasis lifting which initially results in carb back loading plenty of treats.Sorry typed fast....

Naomi Most

I don't see any advantages to wheat protein, and there are tons of disadvantages, including a certain likelihood of acquiring food allergies over time. It's also just not a great protein when you do the amino acid breakdown, especially in comparison to eggs and whey?Why not just eat the raw eggs and the whey?

Hurley

Plus, raw eggs mixed with a good chocolate whey tastes like cake batter!

JR

Why are you eating raw eggs? Couldn't Salmonella be a risk?

Hurley

I sort of think that maybe I might have heard somewhere that the free range eggs Charles mentions have a much lower risk of salmonella thanks to the chicken's diet and the methods of production, but I might be imagining that memory.I really can't afford to spend $4.00 a dozen on eggs, so I buy the ones in a carton, which are pasturized. It's the easiest and fastest way to get 6 or 10 eggs down your throatEspecially when you want them to taste like cake batter.

robhally

The pasteurized eggs/egg whites in the carton are so good in protein shake. I would like to try eggwhitesinternational.com but I'm completely broke. haha.

Those are so great, I drink them with Sugar Free Chocolate syrup. I haven't really cooked them because I have heard that they denature more, but not sure if I completely believe it because they were already heated to be pasteurized.

Naomi Most

Why are you eating raw eggs? Couldn't Salmonella be a risk?

The chances of getting salmonella from a good egg are about 1 in 30,000.  (Just make sure you check your eggs in the store. Give each one of them a quick squeeze. If the shell caves in, bad egg! I would also recommend cage-free and ideally "pastured" eggs for best nutrition.)You stand a greater risk of getting botulism from a canned meat product.

Damon Amato
    Participant

the term “cage free” is a pet peeve of mine.  The FDA definition is that during a time of no less than 5 minutes throughout the day, the 'cage' is to be opened.  When you have 800 chickens in a 300sq ft area, they are not exactly exercising.  When you open the door to their cage, nothing happens.  In other words, it's one of many junk terms to lead consumers to believe it makes their food better.  That doesn't mean all farmers everywhere do this, but unless I saw the chickens running around eating bugs and not corn, I wouldn't believe them.

Naomi Most

the term "cage free" is a pet peeve of mine.  The FDA definition is that during a time of no less than 5 minutes throughout the day, the 'cage' is to be opened.  When you have 800 chickens in a 300sq ft area, they are not exactly exercising.  When you open the door to their cage, nothing happens.  In other words, it's one of many junk terms to lead consumers to believe it makes their food better.  That doesn't mean all farmers everywhere do this, but unless I saw the chickens running around eating bugs and not corn, I wouldn't believe them.

Yeah, that's a good point. (Glad someone on here cares!)I get pastured eggs whenever possible, but when I can't, I've found that there's a brand of Californian "cage free" eggs that has nice deep yellow yolks that indicate to me the hens had a good diet.  OR their feed is dyed yellow.Maybe someday I'll start a website where people can submit their assessments of various kinds of eggs. Even the organic eggs are basically bullshit...

JR

Theres no benefit to eating raw eggs. In fact there is less benefit compared to cooking the eggs.

stephenhdmrs

The only real pastured eggs i've found are sold at Whole Foods.  They aren't cheap.  Otherwise farmers markets might have them sometimes(usually same price).  Since they are raised on Pastures it is more sanitary and hypothetically the risk of salmonella(already very low) should be even less so.  The pasture raised eggs yolk has a very nice creamy-ness un-found in any “cage-free” eggs at least to me.

Hurley

There's a farmer's market about 30 minutes from me selling eggs at $2.00 a dozen.So what makes them worth the drive and added expense?

JR

Its going to be hard to find certain foods based on where you live. The good quality coconut oils are going to be hard to find for many. It doesn't make sense to me to drive 30 minutes out of the way for eggs…its not like there going to last for months. Fish is another food I find highly unrealistic at times….

JR
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

wheat protein with raw eggs (is wheat protein bad)

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?