When to do farlek/HIIT

• This topic has 6 voices and 6 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

harris81
    Keymaster

Hi all.New to this forum and am finding this site one of the most informative.I'm currently doing a 14 hour fast per day and had no idea about mTOR being shutdown after 14 hours of not eating, so lucky there i guess, and am eating 2 meals of substantial meat. Lunch is meat on the bone dinner is 2-3lbs of ground beef, postworkout is 3 whole eggs scrambled with a tin of tuna and i have a shake about 10. My carbs are about 20 odd grams per day and i have a carb refeed once per week.As i'm fasting for 14 hours would it be best to do cardio in the mornings or wait till the evening about 4 hours after lunch?I lift heavy 3 days per week and wanted to add in some intervals of some form the other days of the week  for a bit of fitness and further fat burning.Any help would be really appreciatedThanks

IOWA.PharmD

2-3 lbs of ground beef!!!! Holy sh**. I would do your cardio away from lifting for best results: so in the morning. That's just me though. I like to separate my stuff, but i have the luxury to do that.

Conrado Tiu
    Participant

Hi all.New to this forum and am finding this site one of the most informative.I'm currently doing a 14 hour fast per day and had no idea about mTOR being shutdown after 14 hours of not eating, so lucky there i guess, and am eating 2 meals of substantial meat. Lunch is meat on the bone dinner is 2-3lbs of ground beef, postworkout is 3 whole eggs scrambled with a tin of tuna and i have a shake about 10. My carbs are about 20 odd grams per day and i have a carb refeed once per week.As i'm fasting for 14 hours would it be best to do cardio in the mornings or wait till the evening about 4 hours after lunch?I lift heavy 3 days per week and wanted to add in some intervals of some form the other days of the week  for a bit of fitness and further fat burning.Any help would be really appreciatedThanks

You will burn more fat doing cardio fasted in the mornings.  Make sure you take caffeine beforehand.  Coconut MCT oil optional but could help with energy and getting a better workout.

zewski

MTOR shuts down after 12 hours of fasting not 14 so I'd shorten your fast a bit by having coffee/cream in the morning. Also I'm not sure if you're following any of Kiefer's diets (sounds like maybe a form of CNS?). However if you are, have some more fat with that egg scramble since eggs alone will spike insulin. As well as some more fat in general in the diet. I'd have some form of fat (the aforementioned coffee/cream beforehand would do the trick) before cardio. Definitely have some form of calories beforehand. Also scheduling your HIIT sessions the day after the re-feed would be ideal

Naomi Most

Yeah. more fat. Eating that much protein essentially means you're generating enough glucose from excess amino acids to keep yourself in moderate to high insulin secretions every time you eat.The effectiveness of Kiefer's diets absolutely depends on gearing your body towards fatty acid metabolism, which you can only do by eating lots of fat. Protein is secondary.Sent from my pocket calculator with Tapatalk

harris81

Thanks guys.Shoould've gone into the diet a bit more. I don't eat any lean ground beef for the reason of the fat content, so full fat ground beef is a lot of animal fats and i cook everything in butter.The meat on the bone i eat for lunch is bacon so again a real fatty cut of meat, well it is in england from the hot counter i buy it from, so my fat content is real high in animal fatsI was listening to a radio interview with Kiefer and heard that mTOR shut down at 14 hours? maybe i heard wrong but i always put cream in my coffee and never milk.I was going to be doing cardio on a seperate day from lifting so as not to interfere with lifting.Inview of the fact that i eat lunch at 12 and then hit the gym at 4 i wasn't too sure as to wether to do farlek/HIIT at 4 or earlier due to the fact that i would've eaten a heavy fatty/meat meal.Thanks for all the help guys. I've just bought 'Carb Nite' so that should help alot.Cheers

Tiago Nicolau
    Participant

I need to use this thread since i cant find a good awnser in this,Its a good idea do HIIT right after my resistance workout?Im thinking of only HIITing on my off-days, so, should i eat a regular ULC meal right after then HIIT, or wait some minutes for it?I wont HIIT fasted, at least nor for now, so its going to be between meals on vmy ULC Off-day

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

When to do farlek/HIIT

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?