Workout Music!

• This topic has 23 voices and 42 replies.
Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author

thestiffmeister
    Participant

Hatebreed

They make me rage lift all the time...it's awesome. I'm also currently listening to Arch Enemy and Dry Kill Logic. EBM(not EDM) stuff also gets me going pretty well, has some good techno beats with the metal rage.Get Your Body Beats by Combichrist.

Love me some Combichrist, totally forgot about that one. Electrohead is my go to song haha.

IronDude

Combichrist is pretty cool. I mostly listen to Death Metal and other genres like those. Amon Amarth, Bolt Thrower an Kreator are really kickin it in the gym

Gnomer
    Participant

100% screaming death metal is a little much for me.. slipknot has a nice blend usually as Corey has a great voice.. when it's just screaming it gets annoying imho

TCB
    Participant

the whole concept of lifting while listening to a podcast is odd to me.. i dunno i guess i like to just get zoned in to my workout which music helps.. i couldn't see how i could do that when listening to someone have a discussion about something i'm interested in

Exactly why I pick something that is just idle chatter and humorous, like Adam Corolla's podcast. Then you're not overly involved trying to understand what's happening, etc. To me it's like having a TV show you only half care about on in the background while you're doing work or something.

Leio

…just topping up my workout playlist; a little Korn, Mudvayne and Static X. Gonna beast it in the gym after work  😛I need my tunes to block out damn spotters counting off someone else's reps too close to me, that's really distracting when I'm trying to count off my own, lol

Tony Snow
    Participant

When I am lifting I actually listen to NPR talk radio to stay caught up with the news since most days I lift in the AM, when I am doing HITT I listen to Soulful/Deep House…think Louie Vega, Mr. V, Terry Hunter, Osunlade, etc.

Rookie

crank "people=shit" by slipknot and tell me that doesn't get you to want to lift some heavy shit:)

That is such a fucking awesome album 🙂I remember seeing these guys in concert about 15 years ago when this album came out (yeah its been that long!!)...One word... SCARY!!!

ManBearFrog

Hatebreed

They make me rage lift all the time...it's awesome. I'm also currently listening to Arch Enemy and Dry Kill Logic.

Hatebreed, FFDP, Full Blown Chaos, Amon Amarth, Lamb of God, Impending Doom, Job For a Cowboy, Disturbed, Heaven Shall Burn, Terror, Madball, etc. etc. etc.I like to lift to all kinds of music as long as it's metal, death metal, or straight edge hardcore...

Paul Galicki
    Participant

Typically, I listen to death metal and grindcore when I work out. These have been in heavy rotation as of late:Carcass, Surgical SteelPhilip Anselmo & The Illegals, Walk through Exits OnlyExhumed, NecrocracyJesus Ain't in Poland, Freiheit Macht FreiGorguts, Colored SandsImmolation, Kingdom of ConspiracyDying Fetus, Reign SupremeFleshgod Apocalypse, LabyrinthDeeds of Flesh, Portals to CanaanAlso: Pantera--so much Pantera. Listening to Official Live: 101 Proof still makes me feel like I can punch through cartoonishly thick armor plating and drop-kick engine blocks over tall fences. 

Igor Vidovic
    Participant

I've recently added Volbeat to my list oF artists in the playlists. Can't believe I haven't heard of them up until now. FML

training log
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yQ7u-n9iU7R910fUgcAEo5NJoUZzT3w1zLC5qYyaGZE/edit#gid=1795865688

Walter Norwood
    Participant

I'm all over the place, the music helps me avoid talking to anyone and it's my little getaway from life for the 45 minutes to an hour that I'm in the gym.

Had a few to add to the listSoilwork: Distortion Sleep/OverloadViolent work of Art: Wars to win and wars to loseLinkin Park: Points of Authority/ Breaking the HabitPowerman 500: When Worlds Collide/FreeSonic Syndicate: AftermathCrossfade: So far AwayBreaking Benjamin: Diary of JaneNine Inch Nails: Every day is exactly the same----Actually end whatever I did that day with this song

Leio

Today's workout anthem; Mudvayne – F*cking Determined http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwZaG1kaWQY

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Workout Music!

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?