Workout Music!

• This topic has 23 voices and 42 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author

Tracy Jarchow
    Participant

I'm a nerd. I listen to Kiefer's and several other dudes podcasts!!! LOL

Igor Vidovic
    Participant

Also Device,Atreyu,papa roach

training log
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yQ7u-n9iU7R910fUgcAEo5NJoUZzT3w1zLC5qYyaGZE/edit#gid=1795865688

breenhouse

Evidently we have some metalheads around these parts…

Gnomer
    Participant

crank “people=shit” by slipknot and tell me that doesn't get you to want to lift some heavy shit:)

breenhouse

crank "people=shit" by slipknot and tell me that doesn't get you to want to lift some heavy shit:)

Haha I used to listen to a fair bit of heavy rock, but the feeling I get is closer to anger. When lifting this does get me pumped but it's more of a reckless energy. With some good EDM I feel super amped and focused. I dunno, maybe it's just me.

Ronok

I'm generally a big fan of soundtracks and scores. The Pacific Rim one is great, and the Metal Gear Rising soundtrack has been a staple of my playlist for months. Aside from that, DragonForce, Nightwish, Powerglove, and a lot of angry punk.

Oh shit, I'm not the only one!?

Spatz

Hey, thats actually a great idea! I may just try that, see if I am able to count reps and pay attention to what they are saying on the podcast at the same time..

Scope75

I listen to that sound of iron clanking. It's actually pretty rare I train with muscle these days, I find I enjoy training more if it's quite. If I go to a gym though I always have music and it will run the gambit as far as what I listen to.

X2But when I do listen to music it's BAY AREA RAP!!!!When at the gym I just listen to whatever I'm forced to hear.

thestiffmeister
    Participant

Metallica, Hatebreed, Pantera, Alice in Chains, Rammstein, Daft Punk, DMX, Eminem, Jedi Mind Tricks, Nine Inch Nails, Rage Against the Machine, Limp Bizkit, Static-X, Rob Zombie, Korn…yeah I'm not very zen in general.

TCB
    Participant

I don't listen to anything.. Music doesn't work for me as a stimulant so it does no good. If I try to listen to music, I just end up not even hearing it except when I'm resting so it's kinda pointless.Though, I did used to listen to podcasts.. But not health/fitness ones. They make me think too much and take my mind off what I'm doing, so I would listen to stuff like Adam Corolla's podcast.

Scope75

I will listen to podcast too. JRE and the rest if the deathsquad. Joey Diaz is my favorite story teller.

Gnomer
    Participant

the whole concept of lifting while listening to a podcast is odd to me.. i dunno i guess i like to just get zoned in to my workout which music helps.. i couldn't see how i could do that when listening to someone have a discussion about something i'm interested in

Scope75

the whole concept of lifting while listening to a podcast is odd to me.. i dunno i guess i like to just get zoned in to my workout which music helps.. i couldn't see how i could do that when listening to someone have a discussion about something i'm interested in

I sometimes have to just turn them off because I'll catch myself stopping and just listening.

acarnovale

This…..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-FQ-AzrUkcI also like Comeback Kid, Chevelle, Linkin Park, DMX, Protest the Hero, etc.

ChetSteadman
    Participant

Hatebreed

They make me rage lift all the time...it's awesome. I'm also currently listening to Arch Enemy and Dry Kill Logic. EBM(not EDM) stuff also gets me going pretty well, has some good techno beats with the metal rage.Get Your Body Beats by Combichrist.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Workout Music!

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?