Zinc and Magnesium

• This topic has 8 voices and 47 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Author

BenjaminD

I do not take ZMA becauseI think it is very overpriced.  I personally take 400 mg of magnesium citrate with 200 mg of potassium.  They don't need to be taken together, but i helps.  I actually do not supplement with zinc, so I have no opinion on the issue.

I got my MusclePharm ZMA on sale on bb.com and it cost me $40 for a three month supply (that's assuming I take it every night, which I don't) so I couldn't pass up the bargain.

Fairy

I do not take ZMA becauseI think it is very overpriced.  I personally take 400 mg of magnesium citrate with 200 mg of potassium.  They don't need to be taken together, but i helps.  I actually do not supplement with zinc, so I have no opinion on the issue.

Why no zinc?

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Why no zinc?

I don't know should I?  Is that something I am likely deficient in?

Fairy

Well, I was under the impression that most people are, especially people who train hard.However, beef and lamb are great natural sources, so we might be okay on this diet 🙂I remember the first time I started taking it years ago. Within days my libido was through the roof. I took that as a good sign and I haven't stopped taking it since 😉

devilmanVISA

Welcome.As for my multi:http://www.swansonvitamins.com/megafood-dailyfoods-mens-one-daily-90-tabs...comes in 30, 60 and 90 pill bottles.  Very good brand, albeit a tad expensive.  They sell it @ Whole Foods Market (and some Vitamin Shoppes), so you don't have to order online necessarily.Cory

Awesome, thanks. I may give that a shot in place of, or in addition to, my Animal Paks. Its funny, I've used Animal Pak for years now, its more of a habit than a conscious choice. But I'm always up for a superior viable alternative.I love ZMA. It gets my super duper stamp of approval. I dose it very similarly to how Cory suggests. Its a staple of my bedtime, deep sleep, adrenal restorative, freaky ass weird fucking dream cocktail- guaranteed to deliver dreams that will make you wake up and deliver a Keanu Reeves worthy "Whoa."Edit: Cory, how many of those tabs do you take at a time?

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Welcome.As for my multi:http://www.swansonvitamins.com/megafood-dailyfoods-mens-one-daily-90-tabs...comes in 30, 60 and 90 pill bottles.  Very good brand, albeit a tad expensive.  They sell it @ Whole Foods Market (and some Vitamin Shoppes), so you don't have to order online necessarily.Cory

Awesome, thanks. I may give that a shot in place of, or in addition to, my Animal Paks. Its funny, I've used Animal Pak for years now, its more of a habit than a conscious choice. But I'm always up for a superior viable alternative.I love ZMA. It gets my super duper stamp of approval. I dose it very similarly to how Cory suggests. Its a staple of my bedtime, deep sleep, adrenal restorative, freaky ass weird fucking dream cocktail- guaranteed to deliver dreams that will make you wake up and deliver a Keanu Reeves worthy "Whoa."

The dreams come from the Vitamin b6. 

Richard Schmitt

So when is it a good idea to take Zinc? I bought some today along with Vitamin-D?

Well, I was under the impression that most people are, especially people who train hard.However, beef and lamb are great natural sources, so we might be okay on this diet 🙂I remember the first time I started taking it years ago. Within days my libido was through the roof. I took that as a good sign and I haven't stopped taking it since 😉

Yep.  Zinc is VITAL for athletes and active folk.  You deplete that shit quick-like, and you need it to live (and for hormone production).Supp'ing, on top of diet, is the way to go.Cory

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Yep.  Zinc is VITAL for athletes and active folk.  You deplete that shit quick-like, and you need it to live (and for hormone production).Supp'ing, on top of diet, is the way to go.Cory

The question is do you get enough from diet.

Fairy

15mg in 100g lean beef apparently. An active guy should get 30mg/day so you're probably good if you're living off steak and lamb chops.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

15mg in 100g lean beef apparently. An active guy should get 30mg/day so you're probably good if you're living off steak and lamb chops.

Yea I mean I eat a pound of deer meat every day.

Fairy

Ah, yeah. You'll be fine 🙂I've actually been thinking of dropping zinc for a while. But then there are some days when I go for eggs & fish, or just don't eat all that much, so I figure an extra 15mg/day shouldn't do any harm.

Fairy

Talking about veal, hope you're freezing it or cooking it well. I've heard it's more likely to have parasites :/

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Talking about veal, hope you're freezing it or cooking it well. I've heard it's more likely to have parasites :/

What do you mean veal or venison?  Vension = Deer, Veal = Baby Cow.

Fairy

Oh, sorry. Venison. Was just looking at a page about veal (also high in zinc – but way too cruel to consider eating).

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Zinc and Magnesium

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?