Post WOD Carbs

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Thomas Kloppel Thomas Kloppel 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of pfiedler42
    Pat

Hey everyone! I have been crossfitting for about a year now and boy oh boy do I get some strange looks utilizing CBL. What are peoples thoughts on instant oatmeal post workout which consist of Olympic lifting and a WOD. I want to try to eat whole foods for the carb spike rather than a dextrose based post workout shake, so any input on instant oatmeal and a protein shake after my workout would be great!

#473472 Reply
    pfiedler42
    Participant

Didnt know I posted this while not being logged in. What are people doing for breakfast and is anyone tried adding carbs mid-workout?

#473473 Reply
    pfiedler42
    Participant

Didnt know I posted this while not being logged in. What are people doing for breakfast and is anyone tried adding carbs mid-workout or any other tweaks for crossfit athletes?

#476638 Reply
    Profile photo of Thomas Kloppel
    Thomas Kloppel
    Participant

Breakfast? Coffee with heavy cream and sucralose. I don’t usually eat anything until around noon, which I try to restrict to about 25% of my daily intake. (CBL, see pg. 50-55)

As for intra-workout carbs, I haven’t experimented at all yet.

As for oatmeal, I don’t think it’s ideal. Oatmeal isn’t particularly high on the insulin spiking scale – which is what you want, post workout. It won’t spike a lot of insulin, and it digests somewhat slowly – relative to other options.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Post WOD Carbs

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

CBL for Crossfit

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

or    

Forgot your details?