1, 3-DIMETHYLAMYLAMINE

• This topic has 11 voices and 23 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Has anybody ever used this stuff?  It is a stimulant similiar to ephedra, so simliar that I heard the FDA may ban it just like how to banned ephedra a years ago. 

LatasaurusFlex

I have used it, its awesome."comfortably furious" is the best way to describe how it makes me feel. 

Jeremy Wade
    Participant

I made a brief post about it in BigTex' log some time ago at http://dangerouslyhardcore.com/forum/index.php?topic=211.msg2264#msg2264The DOD claims it is an amphetamine and has banned its sale on DOD installations, but no real evidence has been presented except that it screens positive on drug test screenings for amphetamines.(negative on qual tests fortunately)

anna sweeney

I was told that 1, 3 – Dimethylamylamine is a type of synthetic adrenaline, and it can pass the blood/brain barrier.  This is why you get such great focus while on it. but no jitters. I took ephedra in the past and hated it.  I have to say I've tried 1,3  and LIKED it …..  I think that the pharmaceutical companies are gonna be all over it for an ADD medicine so it probably won't be available long after that.  :/

maxwkw

1,2 dimethyl made me kind of light headed and a bit euphoric. I didn't like the feeling. I did hit a PR deadlift that day though.

IOWA.PharmD

I bet it was the methyl group being on the 2nd carbon instead of the 3rd!  😛

sckiely
    Participant

What sort of dosage is this used at?

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I think 20 mg is the standard dose.  From what I understand, the desired effect is a synergistic interaction with caffeine.  I've read people's accounts and by itself it doesn't appear to do anything.  I'm gonna pick up a bottle of this stuff and try it out.

Nman
    Participant

I think 20 mg is the standard dose.  From what I understand, the desired effect is a synergistic interaction with caffeine.  I've read people's accounts and by itself it doesn't appear to do anything.  I'm gonna pick up a bottle of this stuff and try it out.

Have you had a chance to try the 1,3 yet?  I've tried it in products before but never as a stand alone.  I'm interested to try it though.

I was told that 1, 3 - Dimethylamylamine is a type of synthetic adrenaline, and it can pass the blood/brain barrier.  This is why you get such great focus while on it. but no jitters. I took ephedra in the past and hated it.  I have to say I've tried 1,3  and LIKED it …..  I think that the pharmaceutical companies are gonna be all over it for an ADD medicine so it probably won't be available long after that.  :/

Well you are right, because several supplements are being pulled off the shelves pretty soon.

brainwashedmc

I have ADD and stimulants don't affect me to much. I use this. I make my own pretty strong pre workout drink and just upped the dose of that to 60mg me and my friend took it before we hiked over this mountain twice, we both felt some sort of head high didn't really bother us, but we had lots of energy, pretty much didn't stop moving for three and a half hours. Pretty concentrated feeling too! But o usually take 40mg of it in my pre workout drink.Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

What is Mr?

brainwashedmc

I have ADD and stimulants don't affect me to much. I use this. I make my own pretty strong pre workout drink and just upped the dude of that to 60mg Mr and my friend took it before e hiked over this mountain twice, we both felt some sort of head high didn't really bother us, but we had lots of energy, pretty much didn't stop moving for three and a half hours. Pretty concentrated feeling too! But o usually take 40mg of it in my pre workout drink.Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I'm sorry I'm on my phone supposed to be meSent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

SchilleroStrength

1, 3-Dimethylamylamine (DMAA) is being taken off the shelves not because the FDA has proved it is unsafe, but because they sent a letter to a handful of big-name supplement companies telling them that they need to prove it IS safe (or it will be taken off the shelves).  From some of the company-owners I have talked to, it doesn't look like it will be around much longer.  DMAA is a great supplement, but thankfully there are some other stimulant alternatives that will be an easy switch.  It was used most effectively in small adjunct (to caffeine) doses anyways, so other alternatives should work just fine. ..My main frustration is with the FDAs attack on supps in general.  The science never seems to add up in their explanations, but that's a whole other discussion. 

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

1, 3-Dimethylamylamine (DMAA) is being taken off the shelves not because the FDA has proved it is unsafe, but because they sent a letter to a handful of big-name supplement companies telling them that they need to prove it IS safe (or it will be taken off the shelves).  From some of the company-owners I have talked to, it doesn't look like it will be around much longer.  DMAA is a great supplement, but thankfully there are some other stimulant alternatives that will be an easy switch.  It was used most effectively in small adjunct (to caffeine) doses anyways, so other alternatives should work just fine. ..My main frustration is with the FDAs attack on supps in general.  The science never seems to add up in their explanations, but that's a whole other discussion.

The FDA has a legit argument against the supplement industry.  The supplement industry is full of con artists that claim their supplements do x, y, and z when they really don't.  Nearly all supplements don't do anything or there isn't nearly enough of the active ingredient.Still though I want the supplement industry to remain unregulated, because I am educated and I don't have the problems I described above.  Who knows what would happen if the FDA regulated supplements like drugs.  Though it would be nice if we knew that supplements actually did what they are supposed to, I have a feeling the some of the good products that do work will suffer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

1, 3-DIMETHYLAMYLAMINE

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?