10 day reset notes and observations

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Marc Brandl
    Participant

Just finished the 10 day reset. Couple of points and observations.

All 10 days I was 15g carbs +/- 3g – most of these useable carbs from vegetables.

Easier than I thought to maintain food regime for 10 days. I was already on a ~75-100g a day carb path before; I think that was super helpful.

Surprising: I basically didn’t lose any weight. A hair over 1 pound on the scale this morning. I didn’t do the reset to lose weight per se but was kinda expecting and had 5# to lose.

I was not recording and closely observing my food intake before the reset but I believe my portion size went up during the reset, especially for dinner and that canceled out any noteworthy weight loss during this time.

Keto flu: Overall energy a little lower, less endurance, nothing too dramatic. My performance on HIITs and weights decreased on about Day 4 or so. I dropped my intervals down to 6 for the remainder of the reset. My reps, especially on bench and military press were a lot tougher than the week before. Didn’t notice any cognitive effects but some would say I didn’t have much to lose 🙂

Sleep was on the restless side, harder time going to sleep but once I got there – 7-8 hours were obtained pretty easy.

My body/stomach really didn’t like whey during the 10 day reset – never had problem with it before, I cut it out after Day 2. I’ll be adding it back in now with the backload stage.

I didn’t have sticks or a breathalyzer or whatever to see if I ever obtained that magical state of ketosis. My spidey sense says no, never got there, not too worried, but would like to try and go ‘full keto’ for some duration in the future.

My fasting blood sugar didn’t really change much, it was pretty good before. What did change was blood sugar +1 +2 and +3 hours after lunch – never shot up much and came down much quicker on the two days I monitored.

Thank the gods for coffee and avocados!

Finally, beef liver has a lot of carbs. Like, 7 of them. Watch out!

Pura Vida,
    Malk

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

10 day reset notes and observations

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?