2 month of carb backloading, a little lost.

• This topic has 3 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

sky54
    Keymaster

Hey guys,I went through the depletion phase, i've have been doing coffee with whipping cream. breakfast 2-3 hours after waking which consist of 4 eggs(olive oil and/or whipping cream) bacon.  lunch is usually chicken or some sliced meat with cheese.  I usually have a big handful of almonds before working out. Carbs are always under 30. After lifting, i will have grape juice and some type of easy to get down carbs. dinner is chicken, rice and some type of veggie. After dinner i will, depending on how i feel, have some more carbs.  I started at 275lbs, i am down to 267lb. My question is about body comp, i dont have a reliable way of checking it. I am afraid im doing something wrong because im not seeing a big change, of course i may be too fat for that, this soon!  I am training on "the juggernaut" program, doing a four day split M,T, TH,F. I was doing no carb on the weekends and planning now on only doing carbs on lower body days.Any suggestions or ideas? thank everyone for the awesome forum!

mTOR

he, im not sure, but i am not a fan of fruit or in your case juice when im backloading, first of all many fruits dosent give you the insulin respons you want and fruit/juice will store more fat than lets trash so Kiefer would say. im not so sure about the training since i nver used that system myself so i hope someone else can help youbtw what carbs are we talking about when you say "easy to get down carbs" ? also, do you do cardio, HIT? on off days this might help you as well

sky54

So the juice isn't a good idea? DAMN! right after lifting i try to take in white rice, or a donut(s) so i hopefully get that big shot that i think we are shooting for. Thank you for responding to the post. The HIT is something i need to incorporate more, new prowlers arrive soon. Thank you for helping out

Conrado Tiu
    Participant

Hey guys,I went through the depletion phase, i've have been doing coffee with whipping cream. breakfast 2-3 hours after waking which consist of 4 eggs(olive oil and/or whipping cream) bacon.  lunch is usually chicken or some sliced meat with cheese.  I usually have a big handful of almonds before working out. Carbs are always under 30. After lifting, i will have grape juice and some type of easy to get down carbs. dinner is chicken, rice and some type of veggie. After dinner i will, depending on how i feel, have some more carbs.  I started at 275lbs, i am down to 267lb. My question is about body comp, i dont have a reliable way of checking it. I am afraid im doing something wrong because im not seeing a big change, of course i may be too fat for that, this soon!  I am training on "the juggernaut" program, doing a four day split M,T, TH,F. I was doing no carb on the weekends and planning now on only doing carbs on lower body days.Any suggestions or ideas? thank everyone for the awesome forum!

Are you in a situation where you can have someone do calipers on you on a regular basis?  other than a dexa or water immersion, that would be the most accurate to keep track.  Tape measurements help, but like calipersyou must keep it consistent in terms of the conditions you do the measurements in (mornings, after pottie and coffee, or afternoons right before dinner, etc.).  Is there someone you can trade this with (you do him/her, he/she does you) so even that is consistent?  You can even do your own Pollock 3 measurement with a digital caliper.

sky54

Are you in a situation where you can have someone do calipers on you on a regular basis?  other than a dexa or water immersion, that would be the most accurate to keep track.  Tape measurements help, but like calipersyou must keep it consistent in terms of the conditions you do the measurements in (mornings, after pottie and coffee, or afternoons right before dinner, etc.).  Is there someone you can trade this with (you do him/her, he/she does you) so even that is consistent?  You can even do your own Pollock 3 measurement with a digital caliper.

I unfortunately do not have reliable calipers, have plenty of people to do it but not a pair that is up to par. We switched to a larger gym, for more room, and some how the good calipers were stolen during the move or lost. I have been using  a DIA but i know it is not reliable enough.. does anyone know a good time frame to be looking at? It is so easy to eat this way im not switching off but i have read studies saying it can take 3 months for bigger men to start seeing more apparent changes.

Conrado Tiu
    Participant

I unfortunately do not have reliable calipers, have plenty of people to do it but not a pair that is up to par. We switched to a larger gym, for more room, and some how the good calipers were stolen during the move or lost. I have been using  a DIA but i know it is not reliable enough.. does anyone know a good time frame to be looking at? It is so easy to eat this way im not switching off but i have read studies saying it can take 3 months for bigger men to start seeing more apparent changes.

What's a DIA?

sky54

made by omron as a body fat analyzer. 

Naomi Most

Do you guys in this thread own the Carb Back-Loading book?  If so, you're missing out on the Carb Back-Loading members-only forum…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

2 month of carb backloading, a little lost.

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?