2 Questions…?

• This topic has 1 voice and 3 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

checco13
    Keymaster

#1  Do you have a go-to, 1st meal, for Carb Nites?  I'm particularly interested in how much people take to heart Keifer's advice on avoiding fat with the first meal of a Carb Nite... i.e. spaghetti?#2 I know there has been some talk about this, and it is in the book, but not as clear of an explanation as I'd like.  What are your thoughts on Splenda/Sucralose?  I know there is a slight carb hit in Splenda so that needs to be take into consideration but will this stuff really not spike insulin levels?  Also, I love Powerade Zero which uses sucralose as a sweetener.  My concern is that the stuff just tastes too good, I'm thinking "too good to be true"...?  Can we really be drinking this stuff, or is it one of those "better safe than sorry" things that should just be avoided for good measure?Really glad I found the forum, doing Carb Nite on your own can be tough, nice to know there are others out there!

6by6

#1I try to limit my fat but I do not really succeed. My understanding avoiding Fat and HFCS is optimal but you can survive if you cheat a little. I cheated a lot and was successful but  I had aa lot of fat to lose so I my situation was a little bit easier. As for a go-to meal it was pizza and and as many sugary treats I can stuff in my face (not recommended). I believe sticking to the timing of your carbs is a lot more crucial than the exact macros. So it is highly recommended after a workout and I try to keep my carbs after 6. *Please correct me if I have stated any misleading info. #2As for the artificial sweeteners, besides being addressed in the book it was a forum question and the green light has been given on them and do not adversely effect you. Check it:http://dangerouslyhardcore.com/forum/index.php?topic=101.msg754#msg754

checco13

Thanks for the 2 cents!

Jerad

1. Tomorrow is my first carb nite, so I plan on something like a low fat sub from subway, then I'm ordering a couple pizza's2. I use splenda in my coffee, as long as you don't go over 30g a day you're okay. just keep it to a packet or two. The powerade zero is probably okay as I'm told the carb content in a sweetener is some sort of a binder which isn't needed in premade drinks... I really don't know for sure though. As long as it's not aspartame then you should be okay.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

2 Questions…?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?