3.90% Body Fat…Is this correct?

• This topic has 11 voices and 16 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

storm47

I purchased the ebook of Carb Backloading.  I wanted to gain lean muscle.  This week, I purchased a professional Cambridge Scientific Industries skinfold caliper and a Composition Tracker software to track my progress.  Today, I used it for the first time with the Parillo 9-site composition entry.  My weight was 126.25 pounds and my body fat was 3.90%.  When I started the Carb Backloading program at the end of November 2012, I weight 125.5 pounds but now weight increased to 126.25 and my wife states that I have less body fat.  I attached a picture of me from today.  Do you think the caliper and software are correct?

blkx3

Wow! Well you sure do look terrific! 3.9% is very low but I guess for a man who is extremely lean, its possible. Usually you are told to do each site 3 times and take the average of those numbers.

storm47

My wife and I checked the measurements several times.  I want to gain lean muscle but not have a dangerously low body fat.  If my body fat is actually higher and in a safe level, I don't want to add a lot of fat. 

Mikehr

Hey I wouldn't say its impossible I work with a personal trainer/model who walks around at 4 all year long. But how many points are you doing with the skin fold? 3pt? If you really curious I have found bod pod testing to very accuratebut I would definately say you are between 3.5-6 percent which is incredible.

tzanghi
    Participant

Yea, you need to gain some weight ASAP.

zafh

It is just a guide so you have a point of reference to track your progress.Nobody actually knows what 3%, 6%, 10%, or 20% body fat actually looks like.

storm47

Today, I increased my daily carb backloading to gain weight.  Since I weigh 126.5 pounds, I have been eating around 130 grams of carbs daily and today I increased it to 150 grams.  I train fasted at 6:00am so my PWO contains 15 grams of dextose and 15 grams of maltdextrin then I eat the rest of my carbs after 6:00pm to backload. 

Fairy

If I had to guess I would say you look like 5% 🙂 Great work!

Robert Gray
    Participant

+1.  Screw more carbs, you need to eat some steak pronto.

decoy5657

While working on your shoulders/upper back.

BenjaminD

While working on your shoulders/upper back.

Dude looks Biafran. If you really want to gain some weight, forget about "gaining lean mass" and just eat some damn food, man! You can not be worried about getting fat when you are already worried about being too skinny.

TokyoLifter

+1, I wouldn't worry too much about "getting fat" if I was you.

Hydrostatic weighing is really the only method I would trust for an accurate baseline reading. The other methods are best for determining changes in body fat rather than absolute amounts.I would estimate you're likely in the 8-10% range. 4% bodyfat would be appropriate for stepping on to a bodybuilding stage. It isn't a state the body is willing to hold for a long period of time - and generally one is able to see significant numbers of muscle striations in that condition.

Mikehr

Hydrostatic weighing is really the only method I would trust for an accurate baseline reading. The other methods are best for determining changes in body fat rather than absolute amounts.I would estimate you're likely in the 8-10% range. 4% bodyfat would be appropriate for stepping on to a bodybuilding stage. It isn't a state the body is willing to hold for a long period of time - and generally one is able to see significant numbers of muscle striations in that condition.

Did you see the picture man?? He is for sure lower than 8-10! Hes 125lbs!

Fairy

One of my climbing buddies maintains 4% year round with a load of muscle and he practically lives off candy. I think it can be genetic. +1 to working on your delts and getting some rows in 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

3.90% Body Fat…Is this correct?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?