48 hr fasting recomp- recently presented on body.io podcasts

• This topic has 4 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

alextheGR8

Kiefer in a recent body.io podcast mentioned the long lasting recomping effects of a 48 hour fast. My main question is if anyone knows if the fasting protocol is a fat-fast, meaning you only consume fats for the duration of 48 hours. I assumed it is based on the most recent podcast with Jimmy Moore, but it was never mentioned directly.I believe the protocol was to fast for 48 hours, then to consume moderate protein, high fat, little to no carbs for five days then have a very moderate carbnite for a few weeks followed by a three day all out carb and protein fest. Perhaps I have my points crossed a bit, I cannot seem to recall in which podcast he first mentioned the recomping protocol and reset from a 48 hour fast.

Richard Schmitt

To be honest, that part was not clear as I assume its a complete 48 hour fast. This is something I will go back to and re listen more.

Robert Rivera
    Participant

At about the 8 minute mark when Jimmy is talking about people being resistant to entering an actual ketotic state, Kiefer responds saying that some people are “very very resistant” and “one sure-fire way to overcome those defects(in the liver) and any dietary problems you might have- is to fast for 48 hours… …you will go into ketosis after 48 hours no matter what.”Jimmy mentions the Atkins Fat Fast later in the podcast and it wasn't brought up before Kiefer statement above, so I'm assuming it's just a straight up fast.Kinda interested to try this out.  😀

Jenelle Brewer
    Participant

He sounded to me like he was joking, not like he was actually recommending it.  And as far as a specific protocol with details — I don't remember hearing anything like what is listed above.  Maybe it was on a different podcast… maybe on someone else's show?I did order Jimmy Moore's Keto Clarity book and it is on its way.  If I see anything about this, I will post back and let you know.

alextheGR8

It wasn't the most recent podcast with Jimmy. It might have been from an old biojacked podcast.

Robert Rivera
    Participant

Could someone link the episode?I listened to the "ask the experts" podcast John and Rocky, but the topic of the 48 hour fast didn't come up like in the recent Body.io with Jimmy Moore.Maybe I found the wrong one?

Richard Schmitt

Could someone link the episode?I listened to the "ask the experts" podcast John Kiefer and Rocky, but the topic of the 48 hour fast didn't come up like in the recent Body.io with Jimmy Moore.Maybe I found the wrong one?

The only mention to this "48 hour fast" is from the Jimmy Moore Podcast.

alextheGR8

I cannot recall and I have tried to find it. The protocol was for "pretty good recompositioning effect" 48 hour fast, followed by moderate carb high fat, ULC, for several weeks with very moderate carbnites for several weeks, and the end was three days of eating carbs and protein regardless of time. I believe it was said to have a similar effect to super compensation of uptake in the muscles. I cannot recall if it was in a PaleoFX '14 presentation either. I know I heard it somewhere. Thanks y'all

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

48 hr fasting recomp- recently presented on body.io podcasts

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?