5/3/1 app

• This topic has 9 voices and 11 replies.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

sckiely
    Participant

Just thought I'd share that iPhone has an app that logs and works out all your 5/3/1 workouts for you!Pretty neat app too, choose the one with the actual Wendler style image as it Also sets up all your assistance work

Luis S.

Thats freaking awesome! What do i look up up as on the ap store?

IOWA.PharmD

Wendler 5/3/1. There are two. Sir from down under, have you tried the other app? I only have an iTouch, no iPhone  >:(

sckiely
    Participant

Both are good and free but the one with the book image had more options plus upload to excelJust search 5/3/1 in app store

Iphone is the devil.

Chuck

This app is pretty cool. They should build one for Shockwave- 😉Also they have a 5X5 app as well.

Richard Schmitt

This app is pretty cool. They should build one for Shockwave- 😉Also they have a 5X5 app as well.

Oh yeah I downloaded them both and have a jefit app that helps customize training logs. I need to get the 5x5 app now. Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Kaprice

Is 5/3/1 and/or 5×5 a good program for relative beginners?

Richard Schmitt

Is 5/3/1 and/or 5x5 a good program for relative beginners?

5/3/1 is pretty stupid simple like this diet program and I keep hearing it's great for starting or getting strength. 5x5 I believe is good for strength as well. Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

zewski

Definitely! Its good for everyone, but the fact that they both focus on the big lifts and simple progression make them perfect.For a TOTAL beginner I'd do Starting Strength (3x5 vs 5x5) since a raw beginner won't need the deload every 4th week that is prescribed by Wendler in 531. However, any of the three programs will give you good results. Remember, the most important thing for a beginner (or any lifter) is simply persistence. Someone who sticks to an OK program for 6 months will see better results than someone jumping back and forth between the best programs every two weeks.

Chuck

For a beginner I would suggest 5X5, 5 reps of 5 sets, for 2-3 months. Then switch to 5/3/1, this will keep your muscles building and guessing. Good books to read for a beginner----Anabolic diet 5/3/1 WendlersAny 5X5 protocolAnd of course Carb nite/ Carb back loading.

Jtt
    Participant

Read Rippetoe's Starting Strength. teaches proper form and offers a 5x5 starting workout I believe.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

5/3/1 app

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?