6 week plateau?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

JediPE
    Participant

Need some help!
    Situation: 48yr old, work out 4-6 days a week (P90X3, Hammer & Chisel), very fit, but have waaaay too much fat in the middle, very disciplined eater that’s counted calories for years as I’ve followed P90X diet for years.
    March to June on carb night I saw slow progress that resulted in 2 inches off belly and 1.5 inches off waist. Went off for a month due to vacations, then back on. lost some of what I gained back, but still not even back to where I was. Past 6 weeks, I’ve had ZERO fat loss.

What’s some possible solutions?
    Was excited to find Carb Nite and see it work. Now it’s not and I’m not doing anything different. I take supplements, try and eat good fats. No caloric guidance given in book, so can’t really get a handle on that, not cheating on ULC days, having carb nights every 5-7 per instructions. HELP?

Teabo
    Participant

Working out 5-6 times a week straight off the bat sounds like way too much for Carb Nite.

One of the main parts of Carb Nite is dialing back to fewer, less intense workouts. Even more than 3 Fartlek training sessions a week is verging on too much.

Not sure of the program that P90X3 but if it’s anything like Insanity or other steady state cardio programs, then that may be your culprit.

Also, it seems accepted/known that no cardio (steady state or HIIT) should be done at least 2 days prior to a Carb Nite..

Aside from that, what do your Carb Nites look like?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Teabo.

Eric Molicki

These are not cardio or HIIT workouts- they are a mix of weight lifting and yoga. Carb Nite starts around 5pm and will include several meals/snacks of carbs- pizza/pasta/breads… Donuts/cookies/etc. occasional single beer/glass of wine. Probably 3k calories for the whole day.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

6 week plateau?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?