8lbs of Scivation Whey for $50

• This topic has 4 voices and 13 replies.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

http://www.smartpowders.com/scivation-whey-special.htmlIf you need some cheap whey, stock up now.Both flavors taste good.

CBachelor17

only 28 servings in 8 pounds?

only 28 servings in 8 pounds?

It's 4 2lbs tubs.

CBachelor17

ahh shit yea man thats whats up haha. thanks for sharing.

Spatz

It has Ace-k in it, is it too small an amount to worry about? Or would this be a strictly PWO on carb nite whey mix?

CBachelor17

I CBL i wouldn't worry about it either way though..

It has Ace-k in it, is it too small an amount to worry about? Or would this be a strictly PWO on carb nite whey mix?

Unless you overpay for stevia flavored whey or get unflavored it's gonna have ace-K.On CNS you should really only use Whey PWO anyway so it becomes a moot point.

Spatz

Well I was asking about PWO on the evening of a carb nite day, vs PWO on an evening of an ULC day. Not asking about having PWO. But I get the idea, thanks!

Well I was asking about PWO on the evening of a carb nite day, vs PWO on an evening of an ULC day. Not asking about having PWO. But I get the idea, thanks!

What I'm saying is even on ULC days you'd want to spike insulin PWO with whey and possibly leucine. If you are already spiking insulin then the possibility ace-K might spike insulin becomes a moot point.

Spatz

What I'm saying is even on ULC days you'd want to spike insulin PWO with whey and possibly leucine. If you are already spiking insulin then the possibility ace-K might spike insulin becomes a moot point.

Really?! And this wouldn't break my CNS ULC fast? Would this be because its not carbs that are spiking the insulin? So no carbs can be shuttled away into fat cells? I thought it was the insulin response we were shying away from not necessarily the carbs? (Because of the whole "too many eggs for breakfast, not enough fats cause spike," etc.. or too much protein being detrimental during CNS)How interesting. I'm going to look more into that..

Really?! And this wouldn't break my CNS ULC fast? Would this be because its not carbs that are spiking the insulin? So no carbs can be shuttled away into fat cells? I thought it was the insulin response we were shying away from not necessarily the carbs? (Because of the whole "too many eggs for breakfast, not enough fats cause spike," etc.. or too much protein being detrimental during CNS)How interesting. I'm going to look more into that..

Insulin is anabolic, is stimulate mTOR and muscle protein synthesis.After a workout muscle protein is breaking down, spike insulin without carbs will allow MPS to start and recovery to begin but because there will be no carbs you don't have the worry of switching fuel sources and insulin will be baseline with blood glucose likely being slightly below baseline within an hour or so. The whole to many eggs things is more a CBL then CNS thing because CBL does require you to be more aware of insulin spikes, mostly during the morning hours though.

Spatz

Awesome! Thanks so much for that information. 🙂

not enough fats cause spike," etc.. or too much protein being detrimental during CNS)

I actually missed this in my last response. Not eating enough fat or having to much protein can be detrimental to CNS but not because of the insulin spike per say. It's because of gluconeogensis, in which protein is converted to glucose because of lack of decent fuel source. You can't use protein directly for energy, you have to turn it to glucose first and your body will do that if you have excessive amounts of protein (no need to ever go past 1g per lbs for a lean person, 1g per lbs of LBM for more overweight people) or if you don't eat enough total fat to provide your body with energy.

Igor Vidovic
    Participant

Thanks Trevor I ordered some as well

training log
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yQ7u-n9iU7R910fUgcAEo5NJoUZzT3w1zLC5qYyaGZE/edit#gid=1795865688

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

8lbs of Scivation Whey for $50

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?