A Few Problems as I start CBL

• This topic has 3 voices and 2 replies.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Jonathan3
    Keymaster

Finally started the carb depletion phase of back-loading today, I intended to do so on Monday but I wasn't well prepared as I hadn't been shopping and was struggling to find carb free things to eat in the house which lead to a bit of a crisp and Jaffa cake binge in the afternoon and I then had a similar problem yesterday.Anyway, for the first week or two I plan to keep a close eye on the amount of calories I eat and where they come from, just to get use to eating what I need in order to get as much fat in my diet as I do protein.Today so far looks like this:Woke up around 10am.10am - coffee with double cream.12pm - 3 poached eggs and coffee with double cream.12:20 - 1 - GYM, a  few cycles of a barbell complex as a HIIT workout.1pm - protein shake2pm - Chicken breast fried in reggae reggae sauce with mixed salad.5pm- Pork stew that the mother had done in the slow cooker, I begrudgingly removed the potatoes from my bowl.Then I was planning to have.7pm - protein shake and handful of Brazil nuts9pm - cheese on low-carb crackers.In all this would only take me to around 2000 calories, 160g Protein and 120g Fat for the day, I'm a bit concerned that this is way too low in terms of calories. If so then I think I'm going to find it very difficult to consume enough calories on days with no carb back load.I haven't felt hungry what so ever, just concerned that not consuming enough calories can be a bad thing, Kiefer doesn't seem to really advocate creating a caloric deficit.I'm also a bit disappointed by the difference between my Fat and Protein intake. Though I did buy some avocado's yesterday which aren't ripe yet and have ordered some coconut oil which will help out in that respect.Should probably give some personal details. I'm 22, 5''11 and weigh 13 stone 5. I haven't trained for a consistent period of more than maybe months since I was about 18, and over the last year or two have started to put on some body fat. I would like to lose the body fat I have put on over the last year or two, which would mean me getting back to around 12 - 12.5 stone, then start building some muscle.

Lasse Elsbak
    Participant

1: Throw out or get someone to hide carbs.2: Go shopping. Bacon, butter, cream, walnuts, salmon, heavy sour cream, fatty steak.Try to get fat/protein 50/50 - fry everything in butter or coconut oil, add a dash of heavy sour cream to everything. Calories are super easy on a high fat diet. 🙂

stephenhdmrs

Agreed.Don't count calories too much.  If your hungry, eat more.  Try to close the gap of protein/fat.  If you don't get even, don't worry.  It's not the end of the world.  You'll get the hang of it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A Few Problems as I start CBL

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?