Ab muscle size

• This topic has 4 voices and 6 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Brian Timlin
    Participant

Is it possible to build your abs too much?I've heard various differing arguments on this one.Many say you can't make them too big because they are not designed for bulk.  Others say they can get too bulky and mess up the look they want.No better place to ask than here imo because I think carb backloading with any good mass workout adds muscle like no other diet.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Is it possible to build your abs too much?I've heard various differing arguments on this one.Many say you can't make them too big because they are not designed for bulk.  Others say they can get too bulky and mess up the look they want.No better place to ask than here imo because I think carb backloading with any good mass workout adds muscle like no other diet.

It depends on your goals.  In physique sports, you are often penalized if your obliques are overdeveloped.  Large obliques often make your waist larger.  However, if your goals are performance oriented, I wouldn't worry about this.

Brian Timlin
    Participant

My goals are both.  I've been told to get in uber good shape to do a bit of fitness modelling, and I play golf.So you are saying your obliques can get too big for some people and it takes away from your look?That would mean keeping obliques training and deadlifts only to strength rep cycles then?

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

My goals are both.  I've been told to get in uber good shape to do a bit of fitness modelling, and I play golf.So you are saying your obliques can get too big for some people and it takes away from your look?That would mean keeping obliques training and deadlifts only to strength rep cycles then?

It's hard to say because of genetic differences.  I also don't really know anything about physique training so I can't really comment.

Brian Timlin
    Participant

See what happens I guess, you can always alter your training.  It's probably different for different individuals.

TCB
    Participant

Unless you're a high level physique competitor, it's probably way overkill to worry about specific individual muscles to be shaping.Not to mention, if you're a golfer, you'd probably be best served to have some well developed obliques.

Unless you're a high level physique competitor, it's probably way overkill to worry about specific individual muscles to be shaping.Not to mention, if you're a golfer, you'd probably be best served to have some well developed obliques.

+1 on the golf part. which is more important to you? The stronger and bigger your obliques are the better your golf game will be

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Ab muscle size

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?