Abs day and PWO?

• This topic has 5 voices and 8 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

jp5056
    Keymaster

Hey guys, I have two questions… On abs day I was planning on doing a HIIT as well. Should I backload after this day or  not? I am doing the SA version.If not, should I take a post workout shake (30 grams) with dextrose or just keep everything under 10 grams inorder to stay under 30 carbs for the day?

Igor Vidovic
    Participant

1.      I wouldn't backload after abs and HIIT unless youre training fasted early the next morning. And this would be a high GI closer to sleep backload just not as big as your backload after a leg workout. 2.    I would stick to under 30grams for the day if you're not back loading

training log
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yQ7u-n9iU7R910fUgcAEo5NJoUZzT3w1zLC5qYyaGZE/edit#gid=1795865688

jp5056

Thanks…So should I not take Leucine and 30 grams of whey either because I don't want to spike insulin Eventhough I'm still under 30 carbs?Also, what is a sleep backload?

Igor Vidovic
    Participant

Let me dig deeper and find out for sure if you'll still do the leucine PWO with the whey,or maybe someone else will chime in that knows for sure.Sleep backload- sorry all I was trying to say is spike your insulin before bed. Rice,pastries,dextrose corn flakes etc etc. Only if you're working out fasted early then next day

training log
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yQ7u-n9iU7R910fUgcAEo5NJoUZzT3w1zLC5qYyaGZE/edit#gid=1795865688

Igor Vidovic
    Participant

Hold off on leucine for your heavy training days. Protein i personally take in PWO just depends how much I've gotten in before or for the day. So my PWO in your case could be 10-30g  protein with 5g creatine

training log

bbuchan

Why would you want to hold off on the leucine? Isn't leucine still an integral part of the protocol even on non-backload days to activate mtor and trigger anabolism post workout even when you are not on a heavy lifting day? I agree with the suggestion to not backload (unless you are doing density bulking) but I still would lean toward leucine and hydrolysates post workout and with the evening meals. Just curious as to why you suggest that.

bbuchan

Currently I'm doing CNS to get down to the 6-8% BF range and I have leucine with all my meals post workout.

CaseyD

Buying the book will answer your questions.

Craig jones
    Participant

Currently I'm doing CNS to get down to the 6-8% BF range and I have leucine with all my meals post workout.

CBL requires you to do that not cns. You will spike insulin every time you take it. That would be bad.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Abs day and PWO?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?