Achy? Anyone else?

• This topic has 4 voices and 6 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

NewJenn
    Keymaster

Hi All, Every week I’ve noticed starting later in the day on Tuesday and thru the rest of the week that I am achy. The first time I thought maybe I was coming down with something, but it went away on the weekends (Carb nite is Saturday) I am not doing more physical exercise (I actually am doing less) than before starting the program, I am walking 20-30 minutes 2-3 times daily and weight workouts for 30 minutes 3 x weekly. I drink plenty of water (90oz plus daily)my fat intake is high (60-70% daily as recommended by Naomi). And I have adequate protein and calories for the day. It’s not debilitating, just a bit annoying. I realize it’s probably just something that comes with ultra low carbing and not retaining water, I was just wondering if I am the only one experiencing this.  (I didn’t see it anywhere else in the forums) Also are there any adverse effects of taking anything for pain on this program?

I tend to get that way and have a lot more cramps if I don't get enough potassium and magnesium.Could be worth trying out and see if it helps you.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Where are you achy?  Also who told you to walk 2-3 times daily?  I doubt its an issue, but Kiefer reccomends 2-3 times a week.  Have you ever lifted heavy before?

NewJenn

Thanks for the replies, no cramps but I will try the magnesium and potassium.I walk fairly leisurely, I have a puppy I am training so I have to walk her at twice a day and lately work has been horrendous, so I take a quick walk at my break. I figure a leisurely walk will not be harmful to the diet, but stress will be, the lesser of two evils? Yes I am accustomed to lifting heavy, much heavier than now and for many years.I feel achy in general, its not limited to my joints. Just an overall ache when moving, it’s not DOMS, I think its just that my body is getting rid of fat and I have less fluid in my body. I can work with it, I'm not being whiney, I was just wondering if anyone else experiences this too, or if it’s just my weird self.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

The foods you are eating may be inflammatory.  How about posting you current diet? 

Jeremy Wade
    Participant

I too get an achy feeling of sorts on CNS.  I have narrowed it down to the sodium/potassium/magnesium balance.  For me, I eliminate it with additional mag/k intake and less sodium intake... (takes some effort, sodium is everywhere...)

NewJenn

I realized I was only taking my multi once a day so I started taking the second as Kiefer recomends and will get some magnesium and see if I experience this again next week.Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Achy? Anyone else?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?