Active recovery weeks?

• This topic has 3 voices and 3 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

CaseyD

Just wondering what the thoughts were on recovery weeks… Obviously I wouldn't be backloading if my training wasn't intense enough, so is there any sort of problem with an ultra low carb week thrown in every 8-10 weeks or so? My thought is that because I'm backloading already, 10 days ultra low carb wouldn't be necessary for this period. Thoughts?

Richard Schmitt

I know that in the CNS book it states that when transitioning out of Carb Niting, you'll do a small Carb Nite for a couple days, now for CBL I would assume to do a small carb meal for a couple of days THEN do the whole ultra low carb days into doing a CNS once a week. Just to keep your metabolism moving through the week and won't lose any muscle gained from CBL. Just my thought.

Naomi Most

You can easily make Carb Nite your “recovery week” diet, sure.  You don't really need to do any kind of transition switching from CBL to Carb Nite — although you may FEEL like it, depending on how accustomed your body's gotten to the evening carbs.Basically, if you feel like eating carbs during those first few days -- e.g. you're getting lethargic the next day -- go for it, just dial it down gradually each day. But you don't need to.Personally, I'm a big fan of using recovery weeks to eat fruit and oatmeal and other things that don't fit well into CBL, but that's just me. I don't mind gaining half a pound of fat after working hard for 2-3 months, but then I'm not training for figure competition or anything.

CaseyD

The answer I was hoping for, thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Active recovery weeks?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?