Adding to Blends D & H

• This topic has 8 voices and 13 replies.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

amedio
    Keymaster

I am curious to wether or not I should add a sweetner to blends D & H when ordering from Protein Factory. I chose vanilla for D and chocolate for H; however, it still ask if I want a sweetner. I know blend H will be rough regardless, but should I just leave the sweetner out? I mean if the taste of either blend is too bitter I could always use a little stevia that I have in my cabinet.

IOWA.PharmD

Kiefer suggests Splenda in his posts.

amedio

Kiefer suggests Splenda in his posts.

Are you saying that I should choose Splenda as a sweetner when in the ordering process from Protein Factory or add Splenda when making my shakes? In The Carb-Nite Solution he recommends using stevia.

IOWA.PharmD

Where to get itThere are two companies who make creating these blends a breeze, ProteinFactory.com and TrueProtein.com. I use ProteinFactory.com for my needs, but I plan to take TrueProtein.com for a test drive soon, to compare and contrast. Both use US sources for their protein, so there’s no need to worry about China doping the protein with plastics that test positive for protein during assays (and yes, most of the major brands get their protein from China and, to my knowledge, none use an independent lab to check for plastic additives).Blend one:ProteinFactory.comAt ProteinFactory, select Custom Protein Lab from the top menu. In the popup, agree to their terms. On the next page, choose “All-Purpose” for the blend type (it gives the least amount of annoying suggestions, which, most of the time, are wrong). Select 35% CFM Whey Isolate, 10% Hydrolyzed 1400, 15% PeptoPro and 40% Heliogen Casein. This blend balances cost with growth potential as gathered from the research. Skip through the next few steps until reaching “Flavors and Additives”. Pick a flavor and sweetener (I suggest Splenda) and skip the additives. On the next step, choose the number of pounds to order and add to the cart for purchase.TrueProtein.comAt TrueProtein, in the main navigation go Products » Formulas » Custom Solutions. Select 40% Micellar Casein, 10% Hydrolyzed Whey Protein High Grade, 15% Hydrolyzed Casein, and 35% Whey Protein Isolate (CFM). Here, the blend is cheaper, but doesn’t taste as good (swapping hydrolyzed casein for PeptoPro fixes the taste, but raises the price). Follow the rest of the steps accordingly.Blend Two:Using the steps as above for Protein factory, create a blend of 40% Hydrolyzed 1400, 10% Hydrolyzed 520 and 50% Bio-Fresh Whey Isolate.For TrueProtein, follow the steps above to create this mixture: 50% Whey Protein Isolate Microfiltrated, 40% Hydrolyzed Whey Protein High Grade and 10% Hydrolyzed Whey Isolate Ultra Grade.Additives:ProteinFactory.com, unfortunately, does not sell pure leucine powder, where as TrueProtein.com does. But, on the other hand, ProteinFactory sells a rice-derived carb powder that’s nearly pure glucose, a product they call rilose and the best you can do from TrueProtein is maltodextrin. The two are somewhat equivalent. Both companies do sell creatine monohydrate. I’m annoyed that I can’t find one place that carries everything, but annoyance is no reason to forgo what I need.ConclusionWith the science available right now, this is the optimal solution for muscle growth and even the prevention of muscle loss while adhering to a weight-reducing diet or the muscle loss associated with aging, which doesn’t have to be normal. And I don’t care what magic product is out there that combines hydrolyzed this and hydrolyzed that, enough sugar per serving to give a donkey a diabetic seizure and the newest creatine kre-alkabullshit, it cannot be better than what I recommend above (well, casein hydrolysates may hold some as-of-yet undiscovered benefits—I’ll keep you posted). Think about it: supplement companies tell stories about discovering magic compounds in their labs, compounds that a trillion-dollar pharmaceutical industry would kill to discover, companies that hire the most brilliant minds in the world; supplement companies hire advertisers and graphic designers. Do you think their products really work as advertised, or does their advertising work as promised?

stephenhdmrs

Just to clarify on Iowa.pharmd's post, proteinfactory does sell l-leucine and also hydrolyzed leucine.  I just doubled checked(not sure why as I have it sitting in my pantry).  So if that helps anyone.

soulmind

I am really liking Blend H and am seeing good results from it.  To answer the original post as to whether you should add a sweetener I would say yes if you're not adding dextrose to the shakes.  If you are adding some type of sugar (maltodextrin, rilose, dextrose, etc.) I wouldn't add a sweetener to it.

amedio

I am really liking Blend H and am seeing good results from it.  To answer the original post as to whether you should add a sweetener I would say yes if you're not adding dextrose to the shakes.  If you are adding some type of sugar (maltodextrin, rilose, dextrose, etc.) I wouldn't add a sweetener to it.

Thanks for answering the question. I ordered 5lbs of the Blend D vanilla flavor without any sweetner. I am not so much concerned with taste. I have had unflavored whey before. I am going to order some Blend H here in a couple of days along with some l-leucine. I will more thank likely not add a sweeter for that either, but choose chocolate as a flavor. I like to keep it simple.  😉

Richard Schmitt

So after reading an article, I was curious if there might be an upgrade to Blend H, because the original didn't have the micellar casein. Unless we have to make our own? Using the Blend H but adding micellar casein?

AdamFiddler

Drink pharmaceutical grade BCAA's in water for a few days.  After that, everything else will seem like manna from heaven by comparison. 

Drink pharmaceutical grade BCAA's in water for a few days.  After that, everything else will seem like manna from heaven by comparison.

+1I gagged just reading that....

sigma

I used to sip water and Bcaa during my workout.  Yeah, I remember that day.

Go Heavy
    Participant

My issue with blend h is that even though it probably is among the best stuff you can get..5lbs of it is about $100  Almost twice as much as I'm currently paying for undenatured micro cross filtered whey isolate (iso sensation 93) Is the jump worth it for the benefits of casein and whey hydrosylates etc?Three scoops a workout day 5lbs goes in a little over one month.  Anyone on this blend who was on a higher quality isolate and saw inprovements vs say..isolate or isolate and leucine alone?I was looking at this and I'm kinda in stick shock right now lol

Fairy

Do half isolate, half hydrolyse. That way you get the best of both worlds. Sweetener does help the hydrolyse go down

soulmind

My issue with blend h is that even though it probably is among the best stuff you can get..5lbs of it is about $100  Almost twice as much as I'm currently paying for undenatured micro cross filtered whey isolate (iso sensation 93) Is the jump worth it for the benefits of casein and whey hydrosylates etc?Three scoops a workout day 5lbs goes in a little over one month.  Anyone on this blend who was on a higher quality isolate and saw inprovements vs say..isolate or isolate and leucine alone?I was looking at this and I'm kinda in stick shock right now lol

40% 520?Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I forgot to mention I skip the 1400 too.This is what I do, I have good results with this40% Whey isolate40% Hydrolyzed 52020% Casein

http://dangerouslyhardcore.com/forum/index.php?topic=2104.0Saves you quite a bit of money and is more effective in my experience (I think it's the addition of casein that seems to be helping my results).

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Adding to Blends D & H

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?