Advice on daily plan, am I doing this right?

• This topic has 4 voices and 5 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

AlexD
    Keymaster

Hi everyone,I just joined the board and will attempt to back-load my carbs to see if I can gain some good quality weight that way. I am starting this topic as I just finished reading the book (the 1st read that is!) and tried to put things on paper a bit, and still have a few interrogations.Bouncing ideas off other people being the best way to get refinement started, it would be great if you could give me your 2 cents on this. I, on the other end will let you know how it goes? 😉I am currently 192lb, and as mentioned am shouting for more (so closer to the density plan). I will leave most of the supplementation out of this as this seemed very clear as written down.In my first draft the schedule would look like this (I am aware that the back loading part will vary a bit from day to day but that's to have an idea), based on what i understood from the guidelines and the examples. Ideally I should only focus on having quality protein during the post training phase and not being a fat kid and overdoing it.Training day- upon waking up 8.50am, coffee 1- 10.00am, coffee 2+whipped cream- Noon, lunch=100g of protein, 30g of fat- 4.00pm, pre workout shake=40g of protein- 5.00pm, post workout shake=40g of protein and 60g of dextrose/maltodextrin mix- 6.30pm, it's on! quality proteins (at least 40g) and quality high GI carbs(shouting for 200ish g), eating as hunger goes but could be home made pizza, baked cookies, organic ice cream, etc.. (let's say 30g of fat)- 10.30ish pm, similar macros to the previous meal. Most likely a sandwitch on white bread, or something. Maybe not icecram at that time yet, will see depending to my results.- 1.00pm bed.approx for the day: 260g of protein total, 90g of fat, 460g of carbs => ~3690kcalOff day-1.00pm, lunch=100g of protein, 50g of fat (solid food)-5.00pm, snack=75g of protein, 50g of fat (shake + almonds, peanuts, or cashews etc..)-9.00pm, dinner= 50g of protein, 50g of fat (solid food)*coffee at various times of the day:)*approx for the day: 225g of protein total, 150g of fat=> ~2250kcalThings I did not get for the off days are:1.  whether I should leave everything the same accross meals or not macros wise, so for now it will be like this I guess. It worked so far. What do you think?2.  if I should keep my intakes close to the ones on training days or not. So for now I will start lower and up those if weight goes down or stalls. With 4 trainings a week, this still gives me an average of approximately 3080kcal, so maybe it will be ok to start with.Well thanks to everybody that made it this far :P, any input would be appreciated.And props to you Kiefer and Naomi as well, for the book. I will gthink about this more tomorrow.Later,Alex                               

stephenhdmrs

If everything is working I say keep it the same.  According to the book everything looks right.  Only thing I would mention is if its PURE muscle gain, maybe you should add the whey/coconut oil to the coffee and eat breakfast earlier.  Other than that it's all about how you feel the next day.  Looks good though and good luck!

Richard Schmitt

Yeah what you want looks good, do this for a week and see where it leads. BE SURE to write it down, especially PWO, and how you feel in the morning. It'll determind your progress/results.

AlexD

Cheers guys, I did a bit of IF recently so at least I am over the initial morning slugishness and got accustomed to skipping breakfast. It should help me be more objective on morning assessments.And yes for the coconut oil, I got lazy and did not type it down (bad Alex !).

AlexD

Hi again,I have been following the carb back loading strategy since 2 months now  and things are going smoothly so far. I am writing today because some recent changes to my schedule will make me train in the morning at least 2 times a week.I would like confirmation whether I got this right once again:1. If i train in the morning on an empty stomach I will make sure to have carb back loaded the day before, and will only have carbs in my post workout drink. Then again in the evening assuming I train the following morning, if not no carbs in the evening.2. If an AM training day is followed by a PM training day, should I have carbs at the end of day 1?I was wondering if some of you could help me answer this last question.Thanks,Alex.

IOWA.PharmD

1) Looks good as far as I can tell2) I think it is recommend to have a backload that night (of day 1) even though no AM training the next day.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Advice on daily plan, am I doing this right?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?