Alternative Exercises

• This topic has 4 voices and 8 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Qaash
    Keymaster

I have a home gym and I'm looking for alternatives to the leg press and leg curl in the plan.

Squat for Legpress. I generally do a front squat.For legs curls... I'd squat or maybe lunge.My motto is, when in doubt, squat.

Lasse Elsbak
    Participant

Glute ham raise instead of hamstring curls. Stick your feet under something heavy, like a power rack. You could also hold on to a bar of some sort to help control the motion.Example:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44DAxF6bneY

RagE

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Romanian Deadlifts for Hamstrings.  Sissy squats for Quads.

MChaffin89

Alright, well what about the angled calf press? Should we just do regular standing calf raises, or is there some other, better exercise to use?

Lasse Elsbak
    Participant

Do them unilaterally! I find standing calf raises hard to load properly, since I don't have a machine for it, but on one leg you don't need as much weight.

Qaash

Do them unilaterally! I find standing calf raises hard to load properly, since I don't have a machine for it, but on one leg you don't need as much weight.

I've never been able to feel or get into a proper groove with single leg calf raises.

MChaffin89

Have you considered doing them using a dip belt instead of a barbell?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Alternative Exercises

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?