Amount of MCT in Coconut oil/milk

• This topic has 2 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

T9P1
    Keymaster

hey guys,I started drinking my AM shake every morning now and even though I dont like the oil in my whey shake (kinda gross) I do like it with coconut milk. 100ml of coconut milk have about 18g fat, but does anyone know how much of these fats are actually MCT? And are coconut rasps okay aswell or better to use milk/oil?

nickl413

It can vary depending on the coconut, but generally about 60%.  What is a coconut rasp?

T9P1

It can vary depending on the coconut, but generally about 60%.  What is a coconut rasp?

Uhm I meant "desiccated coconut". Wasnt sure how to translate it 😀 So its pretty much the same? Could bake awesome stuff with that 😛

nickl413

Is that like coconut flour or like  more fine ground coconut flakes?  Whatever fat content is in the coconut flakes should be about the same % of MCTs as the coconut milk fat.  Defated flour on the other hand, still has a little fat in it and I'm not sure what kind of fat that is.

T9P1

Is that like coconut flour or like  more fine ground coconut flakes?  Whatever fat content is in the coconut flakes should be about the same % of MCTs as the coconut milk fat.  Defated flour on the other hand, still has a little fat in it and I'm not sure what kind of fat that is.

Yeah I think coconut flakes 🙂 Well than I'm going to use these a little more often too 😉 Thanks!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Amount of MCT in Coconut oil/milk

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?